Making a referral
How to make Counseling and Testing Center referrals
HOURS & LOCATIONS:
Grace Wilkie Hall, Room 320: 8 am - 5 pm Monday, Thursday and Friday / Tuesday & Wednesday 8 am - 7 pm
Testing is available at the Counseling and Testing Center from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday, Thursday and Friday and 8 am to 7 pm Tuesday & Wednesday
Counseling, consultation, and crisis services available at this location during all open hours.
Presenting yourself as knowledgeable about campus services can ease a student’s discomfort about seeking help. Here are some suggestions for emergency and non-emergency situations. (An emergency is defined as being a situation where the student is in imminent danger of hurting self or others.)
During CTC business hours
- If the emergency occurs during CTC business hours call the Counseling and Testing Center at 316-978-3440 and let the receptionist know you need to speak to a counselor immediately OR walk over to the Center office with the student.
- Provide the counselor with a description of the situation which has led to your concern.
- The counselor will advise you of appropriate actions to take to get the student immediate assistance.
Outside of CTC business hours
- If the emergency occurs outside of CTC business hours, call 911 or the WSU Police at 316-978-3450. COMCARE Crisis Services are also available at 660-7500.
- Encourage the student to contact Counseling and Testing Center directly to schedule an initial appointment by calling 316-978-3440.
- Offer to let the student call from your office or walk him/her over to make an appointment if you believe they need extra support and encouragement.
- Let the student know that services are confidential and available at a very low cost.
- Provide information on other appropriate campus and community resources.