The online course schedule utilizes various codes to provide course information. The below provides information to assist you.
- CRN: This stands for “Course Reference Number.” You will need this number to register for a class - it is unique for each section and is not in any particular order within a subject area.
- Days of the week: M=Monday, T=Tuesday, W=Wednesday, R=Thursday, F=Friday, S=Saturday, U=Sunday.
- Buildings: Click here for building abbreviations.
- Begin/End dates are listed for all classes . To find the ACTUAL meeting dates within the dates shown, check the note in the online schedule.
- Notes are comments from the department that may include specific dates the class meets, location of the final exam or other important information. To find the notes, click the course title and the notes are located in the Course Descriptions tab.
- Waitlisting: Click here for waitlisting information. The online course search will show the waitlist max and available spaces on the waitlist. If a waitlist max is 0, that course is not using automatic waitlisting.
- IIE: Instruction via Internet Only
- HYB: Hybrid - Combines various methods including classroom and internet
- HYO: Online course requiring students to come to campus for exam(s)
- TCI: Traditional Classroom Instruction
Meaning of Course Numbers
- 000-099: Noncredit Courses Anyone may enroll. No credit toward degree.
- 100-299: Primarily For Freshman And Sophomores No graduate credit given.
- 300-499: Primarily For Juniors And Seniors No graduate credit given.
- 500-699: Primarily For Juniors And Seniors Graduate students may enroll for graduate credit.
- 700-799: Primarily For Graduate Students. Level 1 (Master's Level) Upper division undergraduates may be admitted if they meet course prerequisites.
- 800-999: Primarily For Graduate Students Undergraduates excluded.
- S or M: Standard Letter Grades
- CR/NCR: Credit/No Credit Only
- S/U: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory Only
- G: Badge/No Badge Only
- N: No grade
- M: WSU Main
- S: WSU South - Harry St
- H: WSU Haysville - Stewart Ave
- W: WSU West - 37th & Maize
- OT: WSU Old Town
- AT: National Center for Aviation Training
- O: Other (Off-campus and internet only courses)
- xxx (other numbers): Various locations off-campus