10 a.m. to noon
Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023
Rhatigan Student Center, Beggs Ballroom (third floor)
Join us for the seventh annual Strategic Communications marketing and communications seminar for WSU faculty and staff. Gain additional insights, tools and tips to help you improve your marketing and communication efforts. Attendees may choose to attend three of six sessions.
All breakout sessions other than the Opening Session will be offered three times. You'll be able to attend one session each round.
Opening Session — (10:05-10:25 a.m.)
- Shelly Coleman-Martins, vice president, Strategic Communications
Breakout Sessions — (10:30 a.m.-noon)
CREATIVE SERVICES: Team Updates and the Branded Environment
The creative team members will speak on their services, guides and new additions to branded templates, including retractable banners and email signatures. Interested in branding your space? Meet interior design manager Kristen Voth, who recently joined facilities planning. Kristen will share her experience in interior building graphics in the branded environment.
- Amy Easum, director of creative services, Strategic Communications
- Annelise Muret, senior designer, Strategic Communications
- Jaci Ignudo, senior digital specialist, Strategic Communications
- Kristen Voth, interior design manager, Facilities Planning
VIDEO AND SOCIAL MEDIA: Stories, Reels and YouTube
Increase collaboration and maximize social media engagement using new tools and strategies available across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. We’ll also cover the future of Twitter, new features, analytics, how to measure what matters, and how to improve engagement with your followers.
- Matheson Herron, director of social media, Strategic Communications
- Marcus Wright, manager of videography, Strategic Communications
WEB: Google Analytics 4 and Other Web Updates
On July 1, 2023, Google Analytics as we know it will stop gathering data from our website and a new platform, Google Analytics 4 will take its place. We'll tell you what you need to know about GA4 and wichita.edu. Plus: Updates on the coming website design refresh project and more!
- Tim Hart, director of web and digital strategy, Strategic Communications
- Quinn Hall, assistant director of web and digital strategy, Strategic Communications
BRANDING: Connecting to Your Audience
Take a deep dive into our enrollment campaign advertising plan and learn about the personas that make up each of our target audiences. Also, learn about the university trademark panel.
- Trish Gandu, marketing and advertising manager, Strategic Communications
- Rob Gerlach, executive director, Technology Transfer and Commercialization
EVENTS: Spaces and Places
Looking to schedule events on campus? Join us for a an overview of spaces and places with venue managers from across the WSU campus including Braeburn Square and Woolsey Hall.
- Carmen Hytche, director of special events and community relations, Strategic Communications
- Kristin Beal, special projects manager, Strategic Communications
- Maria Ciski, director of event services, Rhatigan Student Center
- James Brewster, associate director, Workforce, Professional and Community Education
NEWS AND MEDIA RELATIONS: Optimizing Campus Newsletters
Join us as we discuss updated guidance for submitting to WSU Today and Shocker Blast, including how to ensure your graphics are accessible; how to reach the right audience; and answers to any questions you have. Also, hear about how your faculty research can be boosted in the national media.
- Lainie Mazzullo-Hart, director of news and media relations, Strategic Communications
- Sara Tank-Ornelas, speechwriting and copywriting manager, Strategic Communications
- Paul Suellentrop, senior communicator, Strategic Communications
- Caelin Bragg, newsletter editor, Strategic Communications