Payments and Insurance Eligibility
Please call 316-978-4SWC (4792) with any questions, or visit us at the Student Wellness Center in the Steve Clark YMCA .
Available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for currently enrolled students. To make an appointment log-in to myShockerHealth patient portal or call (316) 978-4792.
There are fees for patients who do not cancel their appointment at least 1 hour prior to their scheduled time, or they are 10 minutes or more late for their appointment.
$10 for a nurse or provider appointment
$25.00 for a physician or specialist appointment
All enrolled WSU students who have paid student fees are eligible to receive full services offered by Student Health Services. Limited services are available for faculty and staff because we are partially funded by student fees.
- Student Health Services charges a fee for most services. For more detailed information visit financial payments.
- Payment is expected at the time of your visit.
- A student will never be turned away because of inability to pay.
- Student Health accepts cash, checks and credit cards. (Checks must be imprinted with the bank name and the account holder's name. Credit cards must bear the student's name.)
- If you cannot pay for services at the time of your appointment, your payment options
are as follows:
- Student Health Portal: you may log into the portal and make your payment. Credit or debit cards only. This option is available if you make arrangements with Student Health.
- Your myWSU account: the fee will be placed on your myWSU account immediately following accrual of a balance unless other arrangements have been made.
- If you have an Heath Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) card with your parents' name, this card can be used at either the portal or myWSU account.
- Female Patients: If contraceptive prescriptions are not paid when a refill is picked up, future refills will be called out to a pharmacy of your choice until the charge has been paid.
Please contact Student Health at 316-978-4792 for questions on charges for the type of visit you need.
Health insurance is not required to be seen at Student Health. Please see the health insurance section below for more information.
If you are requiring copies of medical records patients must provide written authorization for us to release their records to other physicians or health care providers.
Download and fill out a release of records form , and mail to:
Student Health Services
1845 Fairmount, Box 92
Wichita, KS 67260
Or fax them to 316-978-3517
Health insurance is not required to be seen at Student Health Services. However, we do encourage all students to carry accident and hospitalization insurance. Students should know what kind of insurance coverage they have and how to file a claim, and should carry a copy of their health insurance card with them at all times.
United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR; the insurance policy offered to all Kansas Universities) has policies available for WSU students. Information is available at UHCSR.com
Student Health can file on most health insurance with the exception of Medicaid, Medicare and Tricare. Please check with your health insurance carrier to determine if SHS is an in-network provider.
We can file with an out-of-network carrier but, in general, they will cover less. After hearing from your insurance, we will apply any remaining balance to your myWSU account.