SHS to expand vaccinations to family members
Updated April 23, 2021
COVID-19 vaccination scheduling for WSU and WSU Tech employees and students’ immediate family members, ages 18 and up, will open on May 1, 2021. An “immediate family member” means child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, spouse, sibling, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law or sister-in-law, including any adoptive relationships, and any residing in same household. Family members need to be residents of Sedgwick County, Kansas.
To schedule an appointment for immediate family members, the employee or student will need to sign into myWSU and go to the home page tab. The “Schedule Your COVID Vaccine Appointment” link on the left-hand side of the home page.
Please follow these directions to save you time and to help SHS conserve our limited supply of vaccine:
- You will receive an email confirmation with your appointment date and time. Please keep your scheduled appointment!
- If you cannot keep your appointment, please cancel in a timely fashion so the appointment time is available for others. The option to cancel your appointment is in the confirmation email.
- Bring the completed Dispense Assist form and your WSU ID with you for the appointment.
- DO NOT arrive earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- All individuals will be required to complete a 15 to 30 minute observation period after receiving the vaccine.
On-campus vaccination clinics will be located in WSU Student Health Services, which is located inside the YMCA on the WSU campus. Check-in for vaccination appointments will be located in the YMCA lobby outside the entrance to the WSU Student Wellness Center.
Please review Frequently Asked Questions below for additional information. If your question is not covered in the FAQ list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch WSU Today and the WSU vaccine website for updated information.