Updated April 5, 2023
All current WSU students, faculty and staff have access to free COVID-19 testing through Student Health Services. Please watch for upcoming notifications after May 1, 2023.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday - no appointment needed
To access this testing:
- You must first register for testing through the MDL patient portal and create a username and password. If you have tested with Student Health Services before and already have an account, log in to your account to get your testing code. Print or take a screenshot of your testing code and bring it and your myWSU ID. If you do not have your testing code, you will be asked to step out of the line to complete the registration process.
- As a reminder, do not eat, drink any liquids or brush your teeth for at least 30 minutes before you test.
- Bring your testing code with you to Student Health Services. Park in the south parking lot and enter through the Steve Clark YMCA and WSU Student Wellness Center east or west doors.
- At this time, eligibility for testing does not include family members of WSU employees or students and does not include other campus partners.
- A saliva test will be collected to test for Covid-19. No other testing options are available at this time.
- To obtain your COVID test results, wait for an email from MDL stating your results are ready to be viewed. Use your MDL portal log in and password to view your results.
- Student Health Services will post a copy of your results in the myShockerHealth portal within 5 days. Please do not call SHS for your results.
Additional testing site options
Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory (MDL) - Schedule Appointment with MDL or find other community testing sites
Sedgwick County Health Department (SCHD) - Sedgwick County testing website.
At-Home Testing Options - The federal governement has temporarily resumed free at-home test kits. To order now