Office of Student Success Tutoring
STEP-BY-STEP instructions to request a tutor can be found here.
About our Peer Tutoring Program
Student Success offers FREE one-on-one, drop-in and small group tutoring in the Shocker Learning Center for:
- currently enrolled WSU undergraduate students
- undergraduate general education courses that are NOT already supported by existing university resources
About our Peer Tutors
Tutoring is provided by CRLA certified peer tutors who assist students in:
- strengthening their understanding of class materials
- understanding the textbook
- organizing assignments
- improving general learning and study skills
In addition to tutors, Student Success has Peer (undergraduate student) Coaches. Unlike tutors, coaches do not provide subject-specific explanations of content or assistance with homework.
Our Peer Coaches are here to help students define, clarify, and achieve their academic goals. They can assist with the following:
- Time management
- Study skills
- Goal setting and planning
- Organizing assignments and notes
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to success
- Improving course performance
- Referrals to campus resources
- Test taking skills
Call the Shocker Learning Center at 316-978-3023 to request an appointment with a Peer Coach!
If there is an existing campus resource for the course(s) you are seeking tutoring in or if your course offers Supplemental Instruction, you WILL be directed to the existing resource(s) first.
The best way to guarantee you get the help you need is to reach out early. In order for tutoring to be successful for you, review our tutoring guidelines.