Sponsored By: Barton School of Business
Are you looking for a way to connect with other students in the College of Business? Do you want to be surrounded by individuals in similar classes, making it easier to join study groups and find support from your peers? Does moving to a new home make you nervous about making friends? If so, joining the Business LLC (Living Learning Community) may be the solution you've been looking for.
- You will be surrounded by top performing business students, like yourself.. making it easy to form study groups in a convenient location!
- The transition to college can be overwhelming, that's why we have assigned a staff member from the Business Student Success
- Center to be your mentor. You will be the first to know when important deadlines and events are coming up, so you won't miss a thing!
- Being part of the LLC grants you exclusive access to special events throughout the semester specifically for students in the Business Living Learning Community. They range from professional networking, to fun get togethers with your peers.
- We want to create a welcoming environment to help you feel connected to the Barton School of Business, even before your core business classes kick in. As a member of the LLC you will get to meet your future professors, before you ever step foot in a classroom.
The LLC will engage and enhance the experience of the business student through many avenues. Members will be provided academic resources, professional networking opportunities, leadership development, and service and philanthropy events.
Students must be a declared business major. Students who are interested in business, without a declared major, may be added to a waitlist, but declared majors will be given priority. Limited to incoming first year students.
• Form lasting relationships with fellow students
• Provide unique opportunities to interact with faculty and staff outside of the classroom
• Experience business-focused programming and service-learning opportunities
• Tours of various companies such as KOCH, Coco Dolce, and Textron Aviation
• Trip to Get Air trampoline park & Wichita Ice Center
• Study nights & participation in Clash of the Colleges
For More Information:
Business LLC Coordinator: Chelsea Smidt, (316) 978-6148, email@example.com
Housing Coordinator: Chris Wiebe, (316) 978-7749, firstname.lastname@example.org