About our Peer Tutoring Program
The Office of Student Success offers FREE one-on-one, drop-in and small group tutoring for:
- currently enrolled WSU undergraduate students
- undergraduate general education courses that are NOT already supported by existing university resources
It's important to note that:
- Our goal is to match you with a tutor that you can work with throughout the semester to assist you with your academic goals. Please note that it can take up 48 hours to be matched with a tutor.
- We attempt to match all requests but we cannot guarantee that we will have a tutor for all subjects.
- All tutoring sessions must be held on the WSU campus.
- Tutoring sessions are limited to 60 minutes. Students may not schedule back-to-back sessions, nor may they schedule more than three sessions each week in one subject or more than five sessions each week in all subjects combined.
About our Peer Tutors
Tutoring is provided by trained peer tutors who assist students in:
- strengthening their understanding of class materials
- comprehending the textbook
- organizing assignments
- improving general learning and study skills
In addition to tutors, the Office of Student Success has Success Coaches. Unlike tutors, coaches do not provide subject-specific explanations of content or assistance with homework.
Our Success Coaches are here to help students define, clarify, and achieve their academic goals. They can assist with the following:
- Time management
- Study skills
- Goal setting and planning
- Organizing assignments and notes
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to success
- Improving course performance
- Referrals to campus resources
- Test taking skills
Call 316-461-3023 to schedule an appointment! Walk-in appointments are welcome Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
If there is an existing campus resource for the course(s) you are seeking tutoring or if your course offers Supplemental Instruction, you WILL be directed to the resource(s) first.
Guidelines: Dos and Don'ts
The best way to guarantee you get the help you need is to reach out early. In order for tutoring to be successful and work for you, review our tutoring guidelines.
- We are currently tutoring for the Fall 2018 semester beginning August 27th-Dec. 7th. The last day to apply for tutoring is November 19th. If you need assistance after that date please email Shelby Metcalf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting a Tutor
After reading the material above, click here to request a tutor.
After your request is submitted, please allow up to 48 business hours for a response.
If there is a legitimate reason that a existing academic resource(s) will not work for you, please explain in the notes section of your request and your request will be considered.
To find a tutor:
- Login to your myWSU
- Click on the Request A Tutor link under the Student Tools section
- Click on the blue bar that says GET TUTORING
- Follow the steps
*If you need assistance please stop by Lindquist Hall 107