Educational Leadership, EdD - Educational Psychology track
Grounded in educational psychology and learning sciences, the Educational Psychology
track of the Educational Leadership's Ed.D. program gives students a depth of knowledge
in how people think, learn, and lead with opportunities for research contributions
and other types of professional applications. This individualized, interdisciplinary
program track offers a doctoral degree to students interested in understanding and
shaping learning, thinking, and problem solving in diverse settings such as schools,
workplaces, higher education, industry, and other institutions or organizations.
- Customizable emphasis - students can tailor their educational experience to meet their own personal needs through multi-disciplinary electives.
- Flexible Course delivery - all courses offered as hybrid or online.
- Advanced research methods and analytics - students gain proficiency in research methodology and analytical/critical thinking of cognition, metacognition, and psycho-social interactions in diverse contexts.
- Applied studies/learning opportunities - supervised, collaboration-based opportunities for research applications in real-world settings, with supportive faculty mentorship, guidance and expertise.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates share why they chose this program.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates discuss applied learning experiences gained during the program.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates discuss how the customizable emphasis benefits their course of study.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates discuss future plans and how they plan to advance their careers after attaining this doctorate.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates discuss how this program is helping them to meet their personal and career goals.
Educational Psychology doctoral candidates share why they would recommend this program.
The Wichita State University Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership - Educational Psychology Track consists of 55 graduate hours. A traditional course listing and a course listing with an emphasis in Mentoring & Coaching are listed below. Students completing the Mentoring & Coaching emphasis will also be eligibile for the Mentoring & Coaching Graduate Certificate.
|Traditional Course Emphasis||Mentoring & Coaching Emphasis|
|Core Courses (28 Credits) and Dissertation (15 credits)
||Core Courses (28 Credits) and Dissertation (15 credits)
|Student's choice of 12 credit hours of electives
|Student's choice of 9 credit hours of electives
Advanced course electives can be taken from the following programs with the consent of your academic advisor and an approved plan of study.
When applying for admission to the Doctorate in Educational Leadership program, you must submit to the Graduate School:
- A completed graduate school application with a degree code G11H
- Official transcripts with 3.50 GPA for the last 60 hours
You must also submit the following items to the Department:
- At least three letters of recommendation from supervisors and/or professional peers that attest to the applicant's potential for success.
- A current resume or vita of educational and professional experience.
- A sample of academic writing (such as a published article or a paper written for a graduate level course).
- A statement of professional goals.
Compare Educational Leadership Doctorate tracks
|Educational Leadership||Educational Psychology|
|Financial Aid Eligible||Yes||Yes|
|GRE Requirement||No GRE Required||No GRE Required|
|Student Composition||Cohort Model||Individually tailored program|
|Timeline||Designed to be completed in 3 years||Designed to be completed in 3 years|
|Start Time||Summer only||Fall admit|
|Application Deadline||May 1st||August 1st|
|Applied Learning Experience||Team based research||Apprenticeship|
|Educational Requirements||Graduate Degree in Education related field||Graduate Degree in Education, Psychology, or closely related field|
|Course Prerequisites||None||None (Advisor may suggest elective courses to fill knowledge gaps)|
|Assistantships||May be available||May be available|
Background Check Requirement
Upon admission and prior to their first semester, all students admitted to the Educational Leadership program must clear a criminal background check. Click here for instructions.