ACE Mentoring Program
Accelerate your success. Create your future. Engage in your college community.
ACE Mentoring Program is an opportunity for new freshmen, transfer, and returning adult students in the College of Engineering to gain skills, resources, and support to help you ace your first semester at Wichita State. This program is open to any incoming student who desires to accelerate their success, create their future, and engage in their college community.
To learn more about ACE Mentoring, feel free to contact Jacob Mendez at firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACE Mentoring Program provides one-on-one peer mentorship to new freshmen, transfer, and returning adult students in the College of Engineering. Incoming students who join the program are each paired with an upperclass College of Engineering student who can provide guidance, support, and resources to you throughout your first semester at Wichita State. Below are all of activities that are part of the ACE Mentoring Program.
ACE Welcome Party
At the start of the fall semester, there will be a welcome party to kick-off the semester. All new student members and mentors are invited! There will be free food and fun, and the opportunity to meet your mentor and the other students in the program.
New student members are matched with an upperclass student who serves as a peer mentor. We strive to match students so that members and their mentors have least one thing in common, such as academic major or a shared hobby or interest. You will meet at least once per month with your mentor during the fall semester, and your mentor is someone you can reach out to at any time for guidance or support.
Each month, there will be social events that all members and mentors will attend. The social events provide an opportunity for you to meet new people, make connections, and get to know other members and mentors in a fun and relaxing environment. And...we always have free food at our events!
The ACE Mentoring Program has one major goal: to help you sucessfully transition to Wichita State and have a successful first semester academically, socially, and personally. The benefits of being part of the program include:
- One-on-one guidance and support throughout your first semester from an upperclass engineering student.
- Opportunities to network and build connections within the College of Engineering.
- Success Series workshops that equip you with skills and resources to effectively navigate your first semester.
- Free College of Engineering swag!
- Social events and free food!
- Advice and resources on how to get involved on in the College of Engineering and on campus.
ACE Mentoring Program does not have strict membership requirements that make it difficult to join. More than anything else, we seek students who have a strong desire to be successful, and simply want some additional guidance, resources, or support along the way. If you can meet these four easy membership requirements, we encourage you to apply!
- Must be a new freshman, transfer, or returning adult student in the College of Engineering in the Fall 2021 semester.
- Commitment to the program for the Fall 2021 semester, including participation in the Success Series monthly workshops and other ACE Mentoring Program events.
- Monthly one-on-one meet-ups with your ACE Mentor.
If you are interested in being part of the ACE Mentoring Program, and are committed to being involved in the program, the first step is to fill out the application below. Approximatley 100 students will be invited to join the program.
Students selected to be in the program will be contacted by their mentor prior to the start of fall classes, and then will meet their mentors in person at our ACE Welcome Party.