Performing Arts Angels (PAA)
Alumni, friends and supporters of the School of Performing Arts at Wichita State University are invited to help students fulfill their potential and achieve their dreams by joining Performing Arts Angels.
This group exists for one reason:
To provide educational and training opportunities for talented dance, musical theatre and theatre (performance and design/tech) students in the School of Performing Arts — opportunities not funded through the state or university.
By pooling our gifts large and small, the Performing Arts Angels are able to support student projects and travel. Their investments help to attract the best and brightest students to Wichita State University.
Performing Arts Angels Scholarship Recipient
- Recognition in printed programs
- School of Performing Arts performance & event updates
- Invites to Performing Arts Angels special events
- Invites to guest artist events
- Additional benefits may be customized
- Supported buying new furniture for Wilner commons so students can study and collaborate
- Access to the National Theatre Collection
- Film Productions
- Travel to workshops and conferences like the ACDA Regional Conference, US Institute of Theatre Technology National Conference and more.
- Guest artists like Michael Downs, Charlotte Boye-Christensen, and Charles Anderson.
- Student-driven special projects
- Dance majors performed Cheyla Clawson's choreography nosuchSymbiosis at the regional Kennedy Center College Dance Festival where they were SELECTED TO PERFORM at the NATIONAL KENNEDY CENTER GALA.
- Professional actor Brian Gunter was brought to campus as a visiting guest artist for the production of "The Roaring Girl" and also conducted a seminar and worked one-on-one with students.
- Registration and travel expenses were provided for Music Theatre students to travel to Minneapolis, MN, for the American College Theatre Festival. WSU students and faculty WON 10 AWARDS for their production of musical review, "Smokey Joe's Cafe".
- Theatre students were given travel expenses to attend the Barebones International Independent Film & Music Festival in Oklahoma. WSU students WON 2ND PLACE FOR BEST FILM CREW/STUDENT FEATURE for their film "After Midnight".
- Music Theatre and Dance students travelled to New York City for the Senior Showcase with Actors Connection.
- Theatre students attended The Winter Wonderland Workshop of stage combat training at Movement and Combat Education in Chicago.
- Dance students traveled to the University of Colima, Mexico to perform and participate in Master Classes.
Sherry Grady (Vice President)
Tammy Alford (Secretary)
Sally Ottaway (Treasurer)
Paul Witte (Immediate Past President)
THANK YOU TO OUR PEFORMING ARTS ANGELS!!!