In October and February of each year, the School of Performing Arts considers all scholarship applications and reviews the eligibility of each student. Outstanding students are then selected to receive scholarships.
We offer more than $80,000 annually in undergraduate scholarships to new and continuing students. Additional scholarships may be available for qualifying junior and senior Performing Arts majors.
Most scholarships require that a student has submitted the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Interested high school and transfer students should schedule a Campus Visit. While on campus, students can discuss the audition procedure, meet Performing Arts faculty, visit dance and/or theatre classes, and visit with the financial aid and career counseling offices.
Prospective students are required to audition or interview for scholarships consideration in Dance, Musical Theatre, or Theatre.
You're encouraged to register to attend our Performing Arts Day.
If you're unable to attend, contact the program director for your area of interest to make other arrangements for an audition or interview.
Current students are required to fill out the application for scholarship consideration but no additional audition or interview is needed.
Other scholarships that School of Performing Arts students may be interested in:
- James and Catherine Buck Charitable Trust Scholarship
- Osher Re-entry Scholarship for returning students that have experienced at least a five year gap in their education.
- Richard D. Muma and Rick A. Case Equality Scholarship
- Academic Invest
- Apartment List Scholarship
- Azazie Scholarship
- Bella Ballroom Excellence in Performing Arts Scholarship
- Bottar Leone Scholarship
- Branson Shows Inspired Scholarship
- Carpet & Flooring Liquidators Scholarship
- Central Kansas Community Foundation Scholarships
- Citrix RightSignature Scholarship
- CNYX Scholarship
- Encore scholarship
- Engebretson Foundation scholarship
- Einstein Moving Scholarship
- Feldco Scholarship
- Goedeker's Appliances Annual College Book Scholarship
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- Helen McCloy/MWA Scholarship for Mystery Writing
- LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarships
- Kansas Board of Regents Scholarships and Grants
- Point Foundation Scholarship
- Helping Women Pay for College - Scholarships for Women
- SigEp Building Balanced Men Scholarships
- Swing of Things Annual College Scholarship
Also check out the WSU scholarship page
For More Information:
Office of Financial Aid
Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0024
Office of Admissions
Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0124