The School of Nursing offers several nursing scholarships and fellowships to students admitted to or enrolled in a nursing program in the College of Health Professions (CHP) at Wichita State University (WSU).
Students applying for the departmental nursing scholarships must be admitted to the professional phase of the nursing program currently or be applying to one of the professional programs.
Review the CHP Scholarship website prior to filling out your application as key information is listed that will need to be included on your applications to be considered for CHP funds.
The University wide scholarship system Scholarship Universe will begin accepting applications beginning November 1st with deadlines posted in the system. Directions are located within the Scholarship Universe system. Some Nursing scholarships require additional documentation which can be located on the “Essays and Other Required Documents for CHP Scholarships” webpage. This has been added to the bottom of the current CHP Scholarship website.
The Office of Financial Aid’s priority FAFSA deadline of December 1st with an anticipated FAFSA final deadline of April 1st. This information is used for need based funding, renewals, and other opportunities for students outside of just CHP awards.
Attention Pre-Nursing Students: Students enrolled as pre-nursing students are not eligible for the nursing scholarships, but can apply for CHP Continuing Student Scholarships accessible from the CHP Scholarship website.
For Undergraduate Students:
- Alley, Gladys H. Scholarship in Nursing
- Bolton, Orville and Margaret
- Brookhouser, Vicky S. Scholarship
- Fitzpatrick, Hermina Endowed Scholarship
- Halstead, Helen Scholarship
- Henderson Scholarship
- Huntington, Patricia J. McNamara
- Johnson Scholarship
- Lantz, Mildred L. Scholarship in Nursing
- Piper, Ola Osborn Scholarship
- Riordan, Dr. Janice-Endowed Scholarship
- Rodriguez Tennisen, Victoria Scholarship
- Sanchez-Gietzen Scholarship
- Schierling Nursing Scholarship
- Shideler, Charles & Betty-Scholarship
- Via Christi Endowed Scholarship
- Webb, J Eleanor Endowed Scholarship
- Wesley Foundation Nursing Scholarship
- Whittaker, Regina L. Behring Endowed
For students enrolled in the Accelerated BSN Program:
- Anderson, Bob & Darlene Accelerated Nursing Scholarship
For Graduate and Undergraduate Students:
- Kruger, Dr. Susan Scholarship/Fellowship
- Miles, Gene & Marie Endowed Scholarship/Fellowship
- Rose, Paul Christopher & John Timothy Scholarship/Fellowship
- Swan, Lois Fellowship
- Wesley Women’s Assoc. Maternal-Child Nursing Scholarship/Fellowship
- Zona Richardson Scholarship/Fellowship
For Graduate Students Only:
- Anderson, Robert & Darlene Fellowship
- Hadwin Graduate Nursing Fellowship
- Rose, Ray Memorial Endowed Nursing Fellowship
General information about financial aid for students can be accessed at the Wichita State University Office of Financial Aid website.
OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIP OPTIONS
Navy Medicine - Nurse Candidate Program (NCP) Nurse Corps
The Nurse Candidate Program (NCP) is a financial assistance program for students enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program. Upon completion of degree requirements, the student must accept a commission as a Nurse Corps (NC) officer.
Nursing.org Scholarships | Scholarship Database
The Nursing.org website has several scholarship opportunities for students. Disclaimer: we do not endorse or subscribe to the websites listed.