Advance to BSDH quicker at Wichita State.
Pay less and gain career-boosting leadership skills.
The online bachelor's degree completion program in Dental Hygiene at Wichita State University prepares and inspires registered dental hygienists to provide oral health care and education in a variety of settings. Students can expect to gain professional skills and the confidence to consider alternative roles in dental hygiene.
In WSU's online RDH to BSDH program, Licensed Dental Hygienists are able to:
- Take all dental hygiene courses online anytime, anywhere, full or part-time.
- Complete your degree in as little as 15 months, or at your own pace.
- Earn up to 28 hours of credit for prior coursework.
- Pay in-state tuition.
- Earn a credential (BSDH) that will qualify you to be a full-time dental hygiene educator.
- Build an educational foundation for advanced degrees (MSDH, MPH, etc.)
$340.87 per credit hour*
*Includes additional college fees. Based on 2018-2019 tuition rates and are subject to change.
32 credit hours.
Self-paced, finish in 15 months or up to 6 years.
Qualify to receive up to 28 hours of retroactive credits.
Our program builds on the skill of the registered dental hygienist’s previous educational program. The BSDH expands on the RDH’s knowledge base to provide a means for continued advancement in the profession, career options in alternate settings, and meeting the necessary requirements for pursuing a graduate degree.
• Current Dental Hygiene License
• Associates degree in dental hygiene from regionally accredited school
• Cumulative GPA of 2.5
Advancing your education is a key step in realizing career possibilities. The RDH to BSDH Online Program focuses on leadership skills and knowledge in preparation for:
- Leadership in clinical practice or alternative setting.
- Evidenced-based practice.
- Community health settings (extended roles based on state regulations).
- Educational settings.
A Note About California’s Requirements
Effective January 1, 2016, in the State of California, all Dental Hygiene program faculty shall hold a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Wichita State University’s online RDH to BSDH program meets these requirements and is designed to prepare licensed dental hygienists to become dental hygiene educators.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Local: (316) 978-7757 | Toll Free: (844) 978-6656