These requirements will meet for the majority of transfer students who have completed 24 or more hours of approved college curricula at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution since their high school graduation date, before starting classes at WSU as a degree bound student. An RN to BSN advisor will develop an individualized plan-of-study.
Graduation and Program requirements:
- Each of these courses must be completed with a C/2.0 or higher.
- Graduation requirements
- 60 credit hours must be from a 4-year university (up to 30 of these awarded via retroactive credit or Credit by exam)
- Last 24 of 30 credit hours MUST be at Wichita State University
- 45 upper division hours (up to 30 of these awarded via retroactive credit or Credit by exam)
- 120 credit hours total hours required for Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Minimum 30 credit hours must be taken at Wichita State University
- 2.5 cumulative GPA for admission to the School of Nursing
- Licensed RN (must be obtained within the first 8-weeks of beginning the program)
The below list provides the WSU course name and number for courses that meet prerequisite requirements. Students interested in information for transferred courses should contact the RN to BSN advisor.
|ENGL 101 — English Comp I||3|
|ENGL 102 — English Comp II||3|
|COMM 111 — Public Speaking||3|
|PSY 111 — General Psychology||3|
|SOC 111 — Intro to Sociology||3|
|PSY 325 — Developmental Psychology (lifespan study)||3|
|BIOL 220 — Microbiology with Lab||4|
|BIOL 223 or HS 290 — Human A & P with lab||5|
STAT 370 — Elementary Statistics or ECON 231 Introductory Business Statistics or PSY 301 Psychological Statistics
» Return to the RN to BSN Online Program page