Flags Header

Apply for Your Passport

Passports must be valid for no less than six months after your scheduled return from your education abroad program.

For more information about applying for a U.S. passport, visit the WSU Passport Acceptance Center located in Morrison Hall, check online for details at:
WSU Post Office-Passport Center

To apply or renew your U.S. passport visit the U.S. Department of State Web site at:

Visa Information

The Office of International Education does not process or issue visas for students.

All students should check the embassy and consulate web page of countries they plan to visit for updated visa and travel requirements. Visas can be obtained either directly from the consulate or embassy or from a visa agency, depending on the requirements for the country you plan to visit. Submitted paperwork must be completed fully with attention to detail to prevent delays.

You should begin the process early by researching the application process for the country where you will study at least 3 months prior to your departure. The visa process can be quite lengthy as it requires you to gather supporting documentation including your actual passport (always required - you cannot apply for a visa until you have a passport), your acceptance letter (always required - like the passport, you cannot apply for a visa until you have an Acceptance Letter), financial records, proof of health insurance while abroad, passport-sized photos, an application fee, and so on. Each country outlines its requirements, including the application fee (the fee charged for the processing of your visa application). For a list of some embassy/consulate websites for the most popular destinations for WSU students click HERE.