Badge FAQs

FAQ for Faculty

What is a badge?

At Wichita State University, badges are credit courses that appear on a transcript indicating that academic work was successfully completed in a short course for less than a full credit hour.

How will I be awarded a badge?

Upon successful completion, badge credits will be awarded as “badged” or “BG” credit on a transcript. You will be notified that Wichita State University has issued you a digital badge for successful completion of the badge course entitled: “Badge Title.” Please note that this email will be sent to your WSU email address. We encourage you to accept your badge and share your accomplishments with your friends and colleagues on social media.

Can I fail a badge course?

You can only earn a badge if you successfully complete all the coursework. If you do not complete all of the requirements for the badge, your transcript will indicate you did not complete it with the notation “no badge” or “NBG.” Whether you earn a badge or not, your GPA will not be affected.

How many credit hours will I earn for a badge course?

Badges are worth 0.5 or 1 credit hour. Check individual badge details to see how many credit hours the badge is worth.

Are badge courses in person or online?

Currently, all badge courses are offered online.

How much does a badge course cost?

Depending on the course, costs may vary. Check individual badge details to see how much the course costs. 

Can I get a refund?

Please see the University’s Refund Policy for more information.

Can my employer pay for me?

Yes. Follow these third party billing instructions.

Will I need to purchase a textbook?

No. Badges are designed so that no textbook is needed.

How do I enroll in a badge course?

Visit the enrollment instruction page or contact the Office of WPCE for assistance. 

Can badge credits be applied toward an undergraduate degree?

In some cases, some of the badge credits may be applied towards requirements for a degree. Contact the Office of WPCE at 316-978-3264 for more information.

Can badge credits be applied to a graduate degree at Wichita State University?

After admission to a graduate program, it is possible that badge credit could count toward a graduate degree, if it is approved by both your advisor and the Graduate School as a part of your graduate degree Plan of Study.  All standard Graduate School degree completion requirements apply, including time limits.

How do I order a transcript?

Information on how to order your transcript.

I’ve lost or cannot remember my myWSU ID. What do I do?

You can come to campus and show your ID to someone in the Registrar’s Office in Jardine Hall to get your myWSU ID. If you are unable to come to campus, fill out this form that we will use to verify your identity. You will receive an email with your myWSU ID.