Recommendations and Meeting Minutes
Summary of Recommendations
The Foundation and Alumni Affairs Task Force recommended the following:
- The financial resources currently allocated by the University in support of the Alumni
Association be retained per a multi-year, renewable Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
as a part of the merger. The current allocated financial resources serve as a minimum,
with additional University financial support based on the additional services and
requests of the newly formed organization.
- The merger is based on a desire for greater effectiveness and efficiency in meeting
the needs of Wichita State University and our alumni.
- The merger would be pursued with an attitude of mutual respect and will consider the
- The process of the merger will be managed by a committee of four board members from
each organization along with the respective CEOs of the entities.
- Finally, the task force recommends that planning for this merger commence immediately
with the goal of completion by June 30, 2021.