Resources for Innovators or New Businesses
- Center for Economic Development and Business Research provides research to governments, businesses, and nonprofit agencies throughout Kansas.
Center for Entrepreneurship fosters and promotes entrepreneurial thinking through a wide range of academic and community programs.
- Kansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) offers assistance to small businesses to help secure government contracts.
- Kansas Small Business Development Center offers free consultation services and affordable training to grow Kansas entrepreneurs. It also makes available an excellent guide to additional resources available to assist entrepreneurs wishing to start a business in south central Kansas.
- The Patent & Trademark Research Center maintains a collection of resources necessary for preliminary patent and trademark research.
- WSU Ablah Library's Entrepreneurship LibGuide has a large list of helpful resources for Market Research (some are only available to WSU/internal users but there are helpful free ones listed).
Google Patent Search covers the entire collection of granted patents and published patent applications from the USPTO, the European Patent Office and the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Patent & Trademark Depository Library at Wichita State University maintains a collection of resources necessary for preliminary patent and trademark research.
- US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) is the federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- Inventors Association of South Central Kansas fosters and promotes the development and distribution of useful inventions and discoveries to the public.
- Network Kansas assists entrepreneurs and small businesses throughout the state of Kansas by providing a portal that connects entrepreneurs and small business owners with resources.
- NXTUS helps grow startup, strengthen innovation culture and build support systems.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) provides small business loans and assistance programs and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses.
- Wichita SCORE mentors provide entrepreneurs with in-depth industry specific business assistance to assist in evaluating ideas and business plans.
- Wichita Public Library's small business support page has multiple resources including databases for research, business librarian support, and collaboration space.
Resources for Industry
- NIAR is known globally for our expertise in the most critical areas of aerospace R&D including composites and advanced materials, digital twin and advanced manufacturing technologies such as automated and additive manufacturing. We provide research, design, testing, certification and training to manufacturing industries and government agencies including the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Shocker Career Accelerator is your gateway to a talented pool of exceptional WSU Shockers from GED to Ph.D. They possess the education, skills, and professional experience you need to take your organization into the future.
- Kansas Department of Commerce (PEAK, KIT, KIR, WOTC, Workforce AID, and Registered Apprenticeships)
- Workforce Center of South-Central Kansas (One Workforce, TAA, WIOA)
- Kansas Department of Commerce (HPIP and other tax exemptions)
Interested in training or events?