WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY RESOURCES
- Center for Economic Development and Business Research provides research to governments, businesses, and nonprofit agencies throughout Kansas.
Center for Entrepreneurship fosters and promotes entrepreneurial thinking through a wide range of academic and community programs.
- Kansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) offers assistance to small businesses to help secure government contracts.
- Kansas Small Business Development Center offers free consultation services and affordable training to grow Kansas entrepreneurs. It also makes available an excellent guide to additional resources available to assist entrepreneurs wishing to start a business in south central Kansas.
- The Patent & Trademark Research Center maintains a collection of resources necessary for preliminary patent and trademark research.
PATENT & TRADEMARK RESOURCES
Google Patent Search covers the entire collection of granted patents and published patent applications from the USPTO, the European Patent Office and the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Patent & Trademark Depository Library at Wichita State University maintains a collection of resources necessary for preliminary patent and trademark research.
- US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) is the federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- SBIR/STTR Funding Does your business need a boost? Get an introduction to America’s Largest Seed Fund: U.S. Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs.
- SBIR/STTR America's Seed Fund
- Inventors Association of South Central Kansas fosters and promotes the development and distribution of useful inventions and discoveries to the public.
- Network Kansas assists entrepreneurs and small businesses throughout the state of Kansas by providing a portal that connects entrepreneurs and small business owners with resources.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) provides small business loans and assistance programs and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses.
- Startup Wichita brings connections and collisions to the entrepreneur, startup, and tech communities in Wichita, Kansas.
- Wichita SCORE mentors provide entrepreneurs with in-depth industry specific business assistance to assist in evaluating ideas and business plans.
- Wichita Technology Corp supports technology advancement, transfer and commercialization in Kansas by leveraging public resources with those of the private sector to facilitate business formation and growth.