Planning includes identifying the appropriate place on campus or at the satellite campuses to seek shelter should a tornado warning occur.
If a tornado warning or severe weather is announced on the ShockerAlert System…
- Stay inside and be alert to falling objects.
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, glass, and unsecured objects such as filing cabinets and bookcases.
- Proceed to the nearest designated storm shelter location or to an interior hallway, stairwell or other room on the lowest building floor.
- Do not use elevators.
- If requested, assist persons with disabilities to the safest area on the same floor.
- Remain in the safe area until the “all clear” has been announced by the ShockerAlert System, the National Weather Service, or other emergency responders.