Wichita State Nursing Badges
How Much Does It Cost?
Your nursing badge is $6 if you choose to get your badge in person. If your badge is being mailed, we charge $8 for the badge and postage. We will verify your enrollment in the nursing program prior to making your badge.
Getting a Badge in Person
Feel free to stop by the Shocker Card Center during our normal operating hours, and we can take your photo and get your badge printed while you wait. Please make sure to bring your scrub top or white lab coat with you for your photo!
If you are taking your course online, we can mail you your nursing badge to you directly. Please use the guidelines below to take your photo and send it to email@example.com. Once you have sent your photo, you can mail a check or money order to:
Shocker Card Center
Wichita, KS 67260
Once we have received your payment, your badge will ship. Please note that if your photo is not usable, you may be contacted to provide a different photo!
Photos must be taken wearing:
- Undergraduate Students: A black scrub top
- Graduate Students: White lab coat
- Photos must be taken against a flat white background
- Photos must be done facing forwards, not in profile
- We do not allow the following in your photo:
- Hats, bandanas or any other non-religious headwear
- Headbands more than ½ inch thick
- Sunglasses (transition lens are acceptable but must non tinted)
Feel free to smile, but no silly faces and no filters!
- The photos you provide are cropped to fit on your badge. Please keep this in mind. Ideal photos should include 12 inches below the shoulders and 12 inches above the top of the head. See the example below.
- Do not take a selfie! We have found these are always too close. For the best results, have someone else take your photo
- For the best results, use a digital camera instead of a cell phone if possible.