Below are a few template themes that may be used as a starting point for your project. Each design is set up as an InDesign document. Your download will include an InDesign CC (.indd) file and a legacy InDesign (.idml) file that can be opened by older versions of InDesign.
These templates are set in the font Klavika. If you do not have Klavika, you may request it from Creative Services.
You may add your own photos or access our Photo Bank.
The file linked below contains a selections of approved vector (scaleable) design elements in Illustrator format. This file is zipped to allow PC download.
Wichita State University has adopted standard interior signage for most of its buildings. These signs are designed to:
- Bring uniformity to interior signs across campus
- Make changing the signs flexible for departments
- Meet basic ADA requirements
The sign holders are constructed to accept a paper insert that any department can create using Acrobat and a laser printer. Templates may be downloaded that allow you to create a sign for a person’s office or for a common space, like a conference room or computer lab. When using the templates, please follow these basic rules:
- For personal offices, you may include the individual’s name (always in CAPS) and title (in upper / lower case).
- For common spaces, like conference rooms and labs, use the name of the space (always in CAPS).
- Do not change the prescribed fonts, colors, type sizes or basic layout for inserts.
- When information does not need to be added to a sign, leave space empty for Style 1 or Cubical or print a blank insert for a finished look Style 2.
You may download a fillable PDF to use as a template. Click links below to begin download. Use the edit PDF option in Adobe Acrobat to fill in your information. The templates are set up to print one per page.
Door Sign Options
|Style 1||Cubical||Style 2|
All questions about door signage should be directed to Facilities Planning at 316-978-3030.