Wichita State University will be using metal detectors at Commencement.
Bags and Backpacks
Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests are strongly encouraged to not bring any type of bag. Regardless of size, all backpacks are prohibited. This includes those used as diaper bags and/or purses. Any bag larger than 14” x 14” x 6” is prohibited. Diaper bags and medical bags are permitted, so long as they are not in the form of a backpack. All bags are subject to search.
Please observe the following restrictions for all Commencement Activities on the Wichita State University Campus. The following items are prohibited from entering Koch Arena:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Outside food and drink
- Weapons – firearms, knives, razorblades, pepper spray, tasers, brass knuckles, cat keys, etc.
- Noisemakers – air horns, bells, megaphones, whistles, etc.
- Balloons, poles, banners, large signs, flags, laser pointers, or incendiary devices
- Strollers, infant car seats, and/or baby carriers
- Flash/professional photography, detachable lenses, monopods, tripods
- Selfie sticks
- Live animals (except guide and service dogs)
- Large/Golf umbrellas (non-retractable)
- Seat Cushions larger than 14” x 14” x 6”
- Computers and tablets larger than 14” x 14” x 6”
Anyone attempting to take these items into the arena will be required to dispose of the item or return it to their vehicle.
All items are subject to search at the discretion of Wichita State University. All Commencement venues reserve the right to prohibit any items at the discretion of Commencement Officials.
These policies are subject to change without notice.
Personal Items Check
There will be NO personal items check. All items should be left at home or kept in a car. If an item is revealed during a search, patron may dispose of the item or return it to their vehicle. Wichita State staff reserves the right to prohibit any items they deem inappropriate.