Sport Management Undergraduate Program
Wichita State's sport management degree provides students with a quality curriculum including courses such as sport marketing, sport law, sport governance, and sport facility management. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management degree complete and extensive internship requirement. Graduates of this program work in a variety of sport settings including intercollegiate athletics, major league and minor league professional sports, fitness, recreation, and specialized sport business.
WSU's Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management has received specialized accreditation from the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
- No extra application to apply, must meet WSU Admission Requirements
- 120 credit hours
- Program length: 4 years (if enrolled full-time)
- Average class size: 30
- Semester long internship required
The bachelor's degree in sport management requires 120 total hours of coursework, including 55 hours of courses in the major. The major courses include:
The minor in sport management consists of a minimum of 15 hours of sport management courses.
Optional Courses (choose any four of the following)
- SMGT 330 Applied Leadership Experience in Sport and Entertainment (3)
- SMGT 426 Sport Public Relations (3)
- SMGT 461 Legal Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity I (3)
- SMGT 465 Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (3)
- SMGT 466 Marketing Sport and Physical Activity Programs (3)
- SMGT 475 Sport and Physical Activity in American Culture (3)
- SMGT 520 Sport Tournament and Event Management (3)
- SMGT 525 Sport Facility Management (3)
- SMGT 545 Sport Governance and Policy (3)
- SMGT 552 Study Abroad in Global Sport Industry (3)
At least 9 credit hours must be taken at WSU. A minimum GPA of 2.00 in the minor courses is required.
Find more information on the registration and enrollment process.