About the MLS Department
Faculty and staff of the Medical Laboratory Sciences department strive to prepare students as competent Medical Laboratory Science professionals as defined by the program's local and regional community of interest and by National Board credential examination matrices. Students are provided with a curriculum which addresses and meets the demands of the changing technology and practice in the profession. Graduates are often involved in administrative, educational, supervisory or other leadership roles in the employment setting, and/or leadership positions in organizations.
Upon graduation, students will demonstrate:
- the ability to comprehend, apply and evaluate information relevant to the role of a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- technical proficiency in all skills required to practice in the profession.
- the ability to effectively communicate and interact with patients, physicians and other health professionals, in a manner consistent with employer standards
The mission of the department of Medical Laboratory Sciences is to improve the health of the community by
- Educating resourceful, adaptable, and well-prepared individuals to serve and lead the medical laboratory sciences profession,
- Contributing to the body of knowledge for Medical Laboratory Sciences, and
- Facilitating life-long learning for Medical Laboratory Scientists.
The WSU MLS Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119.
Phone: (773) 714-8880