Test of Academic Skills (TEAS)
The Test of Academic Skills is a required test for students submitting application to the undergraduate School of Nursing program at Wichita State University. The proctored TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. These entry level skills were deemed important for nursing program applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TEAS
- Official study manual: ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Study Manual (Publisher: ATI, Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC)
- www.atitesting.com --study manual and online practice exams available
- Official study manual available on reserve in WSU Ablah Library or for purchase in the WSU bookstore
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE TEAS
Students will register and pay for the TEAS test through the method below.
- To register for TEAS Test, go to WSU Testing Services and sign up online with RegisterBlast.com/wsu
- Schedule an exam time and complete online registration
- You can register up to 2 days before the test, if space is available.
- The $86 WSU non-refundable testing fee is paid during the online registration process.
- This fee includes the cost of the ATI TEAS and reserves the date and computer time for your test at the WSU Testing Services, located at Grace Wilkie Hall Room 320.
- Test fee refunds are not given for improper registration.
- If you have questions or you need special accommodations for testing, please call the WSU Testing Services (316-978-8378) before registering.
THE DAY OF THE TEST
- Photo Identification is required (driver's license, school photo ID, Employee photo ID, or passport)
- Calculators are NOT allowed.
- The test is 209 minutes.
- Scores are received immediately after the test.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SCORE
- Composite score of 60%
Students can repeat the TEAS an unlimited number of times to meet the individual or composite scores. However, do not repeat the test once minimum scores or composite scores are met. Scores are only used as a baseline to determine academic preparedness for the Nursing Program.
In order to be an eligible applicant to our Nursing Program, students must take the TEAS and pass all four sections in one sitting. The School of Nursing does not average scores from separate takes. Once minimum scores are met do not repeat the test. Scores are only used as a baseline to determine academic preparedness for the Nursing Program.
- The TEAS can be taken at any testing site where all four sections of the test are taken and passed in one sitting.
- This test may be taken as many times as needed to reach the minimum scores, but payment is required for each testing.
- If you fail on the first attempt, it is recommended that you wait 1 month before re-taking the test to allow for study time.
Testing must be completed prior to the School of Nursing application deadline. As there are large numbers of applicants and limited computer availability, it is STRONGLY recommended that you take this test as early as possible in the application process. If you attempt to register for the test later than two weeks prior to the application deadline, test registration cannot be guaranteed.