About the Program
The PA program at Wichita State is the first and longest-running PA program in Kansas and one of the first in the nation. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to the success of our students, and we consider them future colleagues. Every student engages in applied learning and research, professional development, community service, diversity awareness, and interprofessional education preparing them to provide patient centered, evidence based, collaborative care. Our program has a 50-year record of excellence with board pass rates consistently above the national average and strong community affiliations across Kansas, offering students unmatched learning opportunities.
- Kansas is one of the best states to live in financially due to low home prices, low unemployment, and high salaries as compared to national averages. In fact, Wichita is the #1 most affordable college town and #2 most affordable cities in the US.
- Located in Kansas' largest urban area, we offer a wide base for training with premier healthcare professionals and tertiary healthcare systems.
- Our focus on rural, underserved, and diverse populations ensures that all students have ample opportunities for one-on-one training at unique rural practice sites.
- Trusted, rigorously educated and trained, our more than 1,700 PA graduates expand access to healthcare and transform wellness across Kansas and beyond; 46% work in rural communities; 45% in primary care; and 39% in medically underserved areas.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Wichita State University Physician Associate Program sponsored by Wichita State University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be 2028 March. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-wichita-state-university/.
Learn more about our Program Outcomes.
Excellence in PA education
Transform students into highly competent, compassionate, and professional PAs
- Foster an enthusiastic learning environment committed to student success
- Promote patient-centered collaborative care
- Model and cultivate compassion, professionalism, and leadership
- Respond to the need for healthcare providers in Kansas
- Encourage health care for rural, underserved and diverse populations
- Emphasize evidence-based practice and promote lifelong learning