The Physician Assistant (PA) Program has several fellowships available. Fellowships are awards for graduate students and may, based on individual guidelines, be renewed so long as the student meets the criteria for selection up to two years or upon completion of the master’s degree, whichever comes first.
Newly accepted and current PA graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Complete Departmental Scholarship/Fellowship Application.
- Submit completed form to the PA Department mailing address. Be sure to include additional attachments if required.
The following fellowships exist for PA students at Wichita State University. Further details about each fellowship and histories of the men and women behind WSU's endowed funds may be read from the PA Fellowship/Scholarship Funds Web page.
Application Guidelines. Students can view application guidelines from the WSU Foundation's Fellowship Guidelines website via the links below:
- Harold P. “Hal” Gates Memorial Fellowship
- Kansas Academy of Physician Assistants Fellowship
- Marvis J. Lary Physician Assistant Fellowship
- Drs. Tim and Kim Scanlan Fellowship
- Clayton H. Shaw Physician Assistant Student Society Fellowship
Neil H. Riordan Physician Assistant Fellowship
Students should not expect to be able to work while in the Program. Students who choose to work typically have difficulty keeping up with their coursework and have a significantly increased risk of academic difficulties. PA students must not accept payment for “moonlighting” as a PA while on rotation. Students who are foreigntrained physicians are not allowed to pursue medical residency while concurrently enrolled as a PA student.
General information about financial aid for graduate students may be obtained through
Wichita State University Office of Financial Aid website.
Grants and Awards from WSU
A listing of Grants and Awards available at WSU is available at the Graduate School website.
National Health Service Scholarship Program
This scholarship includes payment of tuition, fees, books, and a monthly supported stipend.