The National Institute for Aviation Research at Wichita State University has been providing proprietary research and test data to the aviation industry (and beyond) since 1985. Each year we do business with nearly 100 different organizations. We understand the need and importance for confidentiality for every project and we know that your business moves at a fast pace, so we do too.
To determine if NIAR is capable of providing the specific research or testing you need, it may be necessary to contact the lab director or manager. These contacts are available on the Personnel page of our website.
If you prefer to start with a nondisclosure Agreement (NDA), please contact Monica Calhoun at (316) 978-6899.
All NIAR projects require a written contract before beginning work. Please note that acceptance of NIAR’s Terms & Conditions and use of the standard NIAR/WSU Nondisclosure Agreement will accelerate the business processing phase.
If your organization requires that NIAR complete a quality survey for initial or continued business with us. Please contact Keith Fitzgeralds by email or at (316) 978-7272.
NIAR, an unincorporated division of Wichita State University, is the largest academic aviation R&D institution in the United States with global reach and expertise in research, development, testing, and certification in the following areas:
- Advanced coatings research
- Aerodynamic testing and research
- Aging aircraft research
- CAD/CAM training in CATIA, ENOVIA, FiberSIM & Polyworks
- Composites and advanced materials research, testing and certification services
- Crash dynamics research, testing and certification
- Computational mechanics research
- Engineering design and modification
- Environmental testing for DO-160 certification and military standards and specifications
- Full-scale and component testing (static, durability and damage tolerance)
- Robotics & Automation
- Static and fatigue testing (composite and metallic)
- NDT testing and training
- Virtual reality for prototyping, design review, manufacturing, engineering, ergonomics and marketing