Wichita State University’s location in the heart of Wichita –a mecca for aircraft
manufacturing, healthcare and business– provides the opportunity for applied learning
and research to be infused throughout each student’s educational experience. By conducting
research and internships in their fields, students gain real-world experience, allowing
them to develop and apply critical skills.
And students aren’t the only ones who benefit. Local businesses count on WSU centers like the National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR), Center for Economic Development and Business Research, Applied Psychology Research Institute and Advanced Networking Research Institute as a vital part of their business plan.
- Ranked #1 among all U.S. universities in industry-funded aeronautical research and development expenditures
- Ranked #4 among U.S. universities in aeronautical research and development expenditures
- Ranked #8 among U.S. universities in industry-funded engineering research and development expenditures
- 34 research centers and institutes
- Over $90 million in externally-funded research at Wichita State.
- 200+ industry and government clients and research partners