Business Procurement Card (BPC) Program
Accounts Payable is responsible for administering the Business Procurement Card Program in accordance with WSU and State of Kansas policies.
The following resources have been assembled to assist end users with the Business Procurement Card Program. Additional information can be viewed by clicking on the plus sign in each section.
BPC Program Manual by Section
- Types of Cards
- Card Usage Procedures
- General Purchasing Policies
- Accountholder Responsibilities
- Card Security
- Best Practices for using your card on the internet
- Instructions to set up UMB online account
- Appropriate Purchases
- Prohibited Purchases
- Additional Guidelines
Employees must fill out an application and submit via email to PcardAdmin@wichita.edu.
BPC training is required before the card can be issued. Training topics will include rules, cardholder responsibilities and program requirements. Trainings are currently being offered in a different format due to Remote Working. For more information contact PcardAdmin@wichita.edu for training options.
- Billing Cycle Close Dates
- If you believe a charge should be disputed, complete the Visa Purchasing Card Dispute Form and send to Shanda Hernandez via WSU dropbox.
- If your card is lost/stolen or you suspect fraud, contact UMB directly at 1-888-494-5141.
- WSU BPC Protocols from WSU Internal Auditor Chris Cavanaugh
- WSU Tax Exemption Certificate
- Call the Number on your card and activate your card for use: 1-800-292-2100
- Register your account online at commercialcardcenter.com. This is where you will go to access your Pcard statements.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Card Increase, Declines, Authorizations, Card Ordering, Card Cancellations and General Pcard usage questions.
- email@example.com - Chrome River Pcard Reconciliation
- All Questions related to BPC including reconciliation guidance can be found at https://www.wichita.edu/services/ap-travel/proccard.php
You have a transaction limit and monthly limit that was determined on your application. If you have any questions related to the use of the card please email firstname.lastname@example.org This includes Card limit increases, declines, authorizations, card ordering, card cancellations and General Pcard usage questions.
- Monthly limit increases: require Budget Officer Approval. Please include this approval when emailing the Pcard Admin at email@example.com.
- Transaction limit increases: do not need Budget Officer Approval. Please include the ship date and information on what you are purchasing when you email the Pcard Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report Fraudulent charges please call UMB at 1-888-494-5141. UMB will cancel your card and issue a new one. This card will be mailed to the Pcard Admin. Please email email@example.com to let us know that you have reported fraud.
If you have any questions related to training on Chrome River Expense or help reconciling your charges please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following guides will assist you in completing the Pcard Reconciliation (Non-Travel) Expense Report within Chrome River for each transaction shown on the monthly UMB Statement.
Chrome River Login
Chrome River Website
Pcard Reconciliation (Non-Travel) Expense Report
- Business Purpose Requirements
- Account Code Tool for Pcard Tiles - be sure to Enable Content to utilize the excel sheet.
BPC (Pcard) Statement Schedule and Report Due Dates for 2023
Pcard Expense Report Quick Reference Guide
Receipts can be uploaded into Chrome River in various ways. The documents below will assist you in attaching them.
Original receipts must have the following information:
- business name
- date of purchase
- itemization of items purchased and their associated amounts
- total amount of purchase
- payment method
- shipping and handling (if applicable)
- tip/gratuity (if applicable)
- If any receipt cannot be read, it will potentially be deemed an unallowable expense and the cardholder will have to reimburse the university.
The Certified Statement for Receipts form is required when:
- a receipt is lost and a duplicate from the vendor is not available
- the receipt is illegible
- an itemized original receipt is not available from the vendor
Preparing the receipts for submission:
- Ensure receipts are facing the same direction when scanning.
- Do not write on the front or back of the receipts.
- If you highlight any of the information on the receipt it will be difficult to read.