Travel Services Department processes travel documents, audits Business Procurement Cards and answers general questions about travel.
- Travel Handbook - The following handbook is presented to promote efficiency in processing business travel.
- Travel Quick Reference Guide - Find answers to frequently asked questions, along with a brief list of reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.
- Price Quote Comparison - The price quote comparison provides guidance regarding:
- Driving in lieu of flying
- iTravel Business Procurement Card (BPC) is an individual credit card issued by WSU and billed directly to the university. The card is to be used for business related travel expenses as outlined in the iTravel BPC manual.
Meals and Incidental Expense (M&IE) includes the cost of meals (including taxes and tips), along with all incidental fees (including tips) to hotel porters, bellhops, doormen, and maids. Daily lodging rates will be determined solely by the use of CONUS. The rate is for the room only; any additional taxes such as occupancy tax will be reimbursed at the full amount. These instructions will help understand TEM's calculations and input a Single-Day Meal.
- Contiguous United States (CONUS) https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
- Outside Contiguous United States (OCONUS) http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/perdiemCalc.cfm
- International Locations (Department of State) https://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem.asp
- Reduced Subsistence (meals or lodging) Expense - DA-37 https://admin.ks.gov/docs/default-source/osm---accounting-forms/da-037_2014.docx?sfvrsn=14
These reimbursement rates are considered to cover all costs associated with the use of the privately owned conveyance. This includes, but is not limited to: gasoline, oil, tires, repairs, insurance (including uninsured losses, and insurance deductibles resulting from damage to the privately owned conveyance), license fees, depreciation costs and expenses of any type.
- $0.545 per mile for privately owned automobile
- $0.515 per mile for privately owned motorcycle
- $0.18 per mile for moving mileage rate
- $1.21 per mile for privately owned airplane (based on air miles rather than highway miles)
This mileage log is used for vicinity travel and should be turned in once a month for reimbursement.
- Vehicle Rental FAQ's - Procedures and frequently asked questions when renting a vehicle for business travel.
- Vehicle Rental Rates - Daily - Daily rates for WSU contracted vendors, Hertz and Enterprise.
- Vehicle Rental Rates - Weekly - Weekly rates for WSU contracted vendors, Hertz and Enterprise.
- Rental Vehicle Accident Procedures - Guidance for reporting an accident and filing a claim.
- Confirmation to Travel - This form is to be filled out by the Travelers Supervisor when the traveler is involved in an accident.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Summary Sheet - Contains Contract ID/Coupon Code that must be entered when renting a vehicle from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Travel & Expense Management (TEM) is the software that stores the travel data; travel documents are entered by traveler, office assistant or Travel Services
- Exception Lodging - Detailed steps for entering exception lodging in TEM.
- Meals Per Diem Instructions - Guide to entering meal per diem for single day travel or multiple destinations within one travel event.
- International Expense Instructions - Job aid for entering per diem and lodging when traveling internationally.
- TEM Per Diem Calculator - Tool to calculate the correct per diem amount based on quarters in travel status and meals provided.
- iTravel Reconciliation Manual - Use this manual to reconcile charges within TEM.
- Approvers Guide to Banner Workflow and TEM - Instructions on how to approve travel documents within the Banner Workflow software.
- Travel Authorization (TA) Job-Aid - use this job aid to assist in the creation of a TA in TEM.
The Travel Services Team is here to assist you with processing travel in the Travel & Expense Management (TEM) system. Contact our department to see how you can:
- Decrease the amount of time staff spend on travel related data entry
- Receive travel reimbursements faster
- Reduce the number of travel documents that are returned for correction
- Improve your travel experience with WSU
Travel Request Instructions - This guide will assist you in filling out the travel request form.
Travel Request Form - Use this form to capture travel details and communicate with the Travel Services Team.
The State of Kansas requires employee reimbursements to be made via direct deposit.
Travelers needing to set up direct deposit information should access the Direct Deposit
Information link located in the Employee Self-Service section of myWSU.
The State of Kansas offers an alternative payment method listed below, you must enroll in U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card. Forms and additional program information is listed below:
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Enrollment Form
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Information
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Fee Schedule