Travel Services Department processes travel documents, audits Business Procurement Card charges related to travel events and answers general questions about travel for WSU employees. WSU just launched the Chrome River software and it replaced TEM!
The following resources have been assembled to assist end users with the Travel process. Additional information can be viewed by clicking on the plus sign in each section.
- Travel Handbook - The following handbook is presented to promote efficiency in processing business travel.
- Travel Quick Reference Guide - Find answers to frequently asked questions, along with a brief list of reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.
- Price Quote Comparison - The price quote comparison provides guidance regarding:
- Driving in lieu of flying
- Business Procurement Card (BPC) is an individual credit card issued by WSU and billed
directly to the university. The card is to be used for business related travel expenses
as outlined in the BPC manual.
- BPC Application
- For questions related to the BPC program and purchases contact the BPC Program Administrator - by email: PcardAdmin@wichita.edu
Meals and Incidental Expense (M&IE) includes the cost of meals (including taxes and tips), along with all incidental fees (including tips) to hotel porters, bellhops, doormen, and maids. Daily lodging rates will be determined solely by the use of CONUS. The rate is for the room only; any additional taxes such as occupancy tax will be reimbursed at the full amount.
- Contiguous United States (CONUS) https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
- Outside Contiguous United States (OCONUS) http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/perdiemCalc.cfm
- International Locations (Department of State) https://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem.asp
- Reduced Subsistence (meals or lodging) Expense - DA-37 Form
These reimbursement rates are considered to cover all costs associated with the use of the privately owned conveyance. This includes, but is not limited to: gasoline, oil, tires, repairs, insurance (including uninsured losses, and insurance deductibles resulting from damage to the privately owned conveyance), license fees, depreciation costs and expenses of any type. The rates are for Fiscal Year 2023.
- $0.585 per mile for privately owned automobile
- $0.565 per mile for privately owned motorcycle
- $0.18 per mile for moving mileage rate
- $1.515 per mile for privately owned airplane (based on air miles rather than highway miles)
This mileage log is used for vicinity travel and should be turned in once a month for reimbursement.
- Vehicle Rental FAQ's - Procedures and frequently asked questions when renting a vehicle for business travel.
- Vehicle Rental Rates - Daily and Weekly rates for WSU contracted vendor Enterprise.
- Rental Vehicle Accident Procedures - Guidance for reporting an accident and filing a claim.
- Confirmation to Travel - This form is to be filled out by the Travelers Supervisor when the traveler is involved in an accident.
Chrome River is WSU's new comprehensive Travel and Expense Management system. This software will replace TEM and the iTravel Reconciliation process along with the electronic approvals through Banner Workflow.
Chrome River is now LIVE and you can log in using this link: Chrome River Login
Visit Chrome River's webpage for more information and training opportunities using this link: Chrome River Website
The quick reference guides below are designed to give a brief explanation on each topic with reference pictures to aid you in completing the report in Chrome River and start enjoying the new benefits. For detailed information refer to the Chrome River website at wichita.edu/cr.
- Creating a Pre-Approval Report - Employee
- Creating a Pre-Approval Report - Student
- Creating a Pre-Approval Report - Candidate
- Creating an Expense Report - Employee
- Creating an Expense Report - Employee with Pcard Expenses
- Creating an Expense Report - Candidate
- Creating an Expense Report - Student
BPC (Pcard) Statement Schedule and Report Due Dates for 2022
- Creating a Per Diem Expense
- Creating a Hotel Expense
- Creating a Mileage Expense
- Creating a Per Diem Expense for Pre-Approval
- How to add a Delegate to your profile
Travel & Expense Management (TEM) was WSU's previous software that was used to process travel documents. The software was sunsetted on July 25th and replaced with Chrome River. To access travel documents that were processed through TEM please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Travel Services Team is here to assist you with processing travel in the Chrome River Travel & Expense system. Contact our department to see how you can:
- Decrease the amount of time staff spend on travel related data entry
- Receive travel reimbursements faster
- Reduce the number of travel documents that are returned for correction
- Improve your travel experience with WSU
Travel Request Instructions - This guide will assist you in filling out the travel request form and an example of a completed request form.
Travel Request Form - Use this form to capture travel details and communicate with the Travel Shared Services Team.
WSU Policies and Procedures - Table of Contents
- 13.20 Out of State Travel
- 13.02 Border City
- 13.11 Private Vehicle Reimbursement
State of Kanas Travel Information for Employees - State of Kansas Link
The State of Kansas requires employee reimbursements to be made via direct deposit.
Travelers needing to set up direct deposit information should access the Direct Deposit
Information link located in the Employee Self-Service section of myWSU.
The State of Kansas offers an alternative payment method listed below, you must enroll in U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card. Forms and additional program information is listed below:
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Enrollment Form
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Information
U.S. Bank Focus Pay Card Fee Schedule