The health and safety of our students, employees and community remain our top priority. TRIO Disability Support Services will operate in a hybrid format to ensure you receive the necessary support during this unprecedented time.
TRIO DSS SPRING 2021 UPDATE
Our students’ success is important to us! We want to continue providing you with high quality services to reach your goal of graduation during the COVID-19 pandemic. As classes are in a hybrid format for the Spring 2021 semester, programs and services are still available for all TRIO DSS students. While your experience may be different now, we hope you choose to embrace the change and continue to work hard to be successful. Our office will be open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Please see the following changes that have been affected by COVID-19 precautions:
- Limited services will be offered in the office, such as utilizing the study rooms, printing and meeting with staff members via appointment.
- Students, employees and visitors' safety are our top priority; therefore, all individuals are expected to wear mask and appropriate PPE at all times, with the exceptions outlined in Policy 21.01 Mandatory Face Coverings.
- All members of the campus community should monitor their health and use the COVID-19 Self-Observation Questionnaire before coming to campus or leaving their dorm rooms.
- DSS Advisor appointments will continue through Zoom, Skpe, phone or email. In person appointments must be scheduled in advance.
- Tutoring – Students needing tutoring for fall should contact their DSS advisor. For questions regarding tutoring, contact Charity at 978-5956 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Literacy/Study Skills Workshops – The TRIO DSS workshops can be found here. For questions regarding workshops, contact Mercedes at 978-5934 or email@example.com.
- To stay on top of your graduation timeline, contact your academic advisors in your colleges.
Wishing you and your loved ones well during this time of uncertainty!