The annual performance review process is separated into five steps. Managers and their employees will be able to access myPerformance and view the evaluation at separate steps throughout their review period.
Steps & Review Periods (PDF)
The steps of the annual performance evaluation process are as follows:
March 1 - December 31
- Leaders input expectations for upcoming review period including competencies and goals.
- Leaders meet with Employees individually to communicate expectations prior to the review period.
- Planning should be completed by March 31st for the current evaluation period, or for new hire employees planning should be completed in the first 30 days of employment.
- Leaders add comments regarding competencies and goals throughout the review period including a mid-year review that should happen in September, or halfway through a new hire employee's review period.
January 1 - January 31
- The self-evaluation is a tool for Employees to provide an assessment of their own performance and accomplishments during the review period.
- The self-evaluation is optional unless Leaders deem it required for their department.
February 1 - February 28/29 (last day in February)
- The Leader evaluation provides feedback regarding an Employee’s competencies and goals.
- Leaders must select ratings for all competencies in the performance management system.
- Leaders should provide examples and/or documentation to justify the rating and feedback included in the performance evaluation.
- If an employee receives a "does not meet expectations" or "needs improvement" rating, Leaders should contact their Human Resources Business Partner.
- Leaders meet with Employees to discuss all sections of the performance evaluation and the ratings before the due date.
March 1 - March 7
- The Employee reviews the performance evaluation, adds comments if desired, and electronically signs to acknowledge receipt of the performance evaluation.
March 8 - March 14
- The Leader reviews the Employee comments, adds comments if desired, and electronically signs to acknowledge approval of completion.
Employees should discuss concerns about a performance evaluation with the Leader in an effort to resolve the issue. If the matter cannot be resolved with the Leader, the concern should be discussed with Leaders in the Reporting Relationship. It is the goal of the University to promptly and mutually resolve all Employee concerns within the department. Employees may consult with Human Resources to obtain guidance on resolving the situation with the Leader.
Select a link below for more information.
|Employees||Employee Self-Evaluation||January 1-31|
|Managers||Manager Review||February 1-28/29|
|Employees||Employee Signature||March 1-7|
|Managers||Manager Signature||March 8-14|
Updated: 6/22/2023 NH