Housing & Residence Life Room Reservation Guidelines
Shocker Hall Multipurpose Room (MPR) North and South
These rooms can each hold approximately 30 people comfortably. Each room is equipped with about 8 tables and 30 chairs. There is capability to remove the divider between the two rooms and create one larger room that holds approximately 75 people comfortably. Your reservation must state you want the full MPR in order to have the divider removed. Only HRL Staff can remove the room divider. Other furniture is not to be pulled from lobbies, etc. for use in this space.
Housing and Residence Life staff, the Activity Councils, and the Living Learning Communities have priority to reserve spaces within HRL buildings.
The Honors College will have the next priority for reservations as they are a stakeholder within Shocker Hall. Honors classes are welcome in the Shocker Hall Multiuse Room between the business hours of 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. Spaces are not intended for regular meetings or rehearsals. Individual requests are required for each program/event/meeting.
Wichita State University on-campus departments are offered space to use within Housing to host programs, events, or lectures meant for the residents of HRL buildings during the business hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Spaces are not intended for regular meetings or rehearsals. Individual requests are required for each program/event/meeting. If an outside department would like to reserve the space for an event/program/meeting after 5pm it will be considered by the Residence Life Coordinator(s) of the building on a case by case basis.
Students and Registered Student Organizations are unable to reserve space within HRL buildings without a formal exception being made by the Residence Life Coordinator(s).
How to Request Space:
Space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and should be requested at least 48 business hours in advance. Space can be reserved up to three months in advance.
- Complete the form below.
- Please allow 2 business days for a response.
As a norm, our spaces will not be available to outside departments during the month of August as we will be utilizing the space for trainings, opening/move-in, first meetings, programs, etc. for our residents and staff.
Approvals for each semester (term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes. You can reserve space up to 3 months in advance.
- Spaces are intended for program, events or lectures for residents of the building;
not to be used as a regular meeting or rehearsal space.
2. Approvals for each semester (term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes. You can reserve space up to 3 months in advance.
3. If Catering is going to be utilized, your request must include their set-up and breakdown times.
4. The reserving department or individual is responsible for setting up the space to their desired/needed configuration.
5. The reserving department is responsible for returning the space to its original set-up after using the space. This includes removing excessive trash to the dumpsters and vacuuming the carpet if appropriate.
6. Damages will be billed to the individual or group using the space. Future reservation privileges may be revoked due to failure to follow policies or in cases of significant negligence resulting in damages.
7. We reserve the right to cancel a room request as long as you are given at least 24 hours’ notice of the change.
8. Cancelling your Events: If after being approved, your event needs to be cancelled, please email email@example.com as early as possible or at least 24 hours in advance to cancel your room reservation. Failure to cancel may jeopardize your ability to use Housing meeting spaces in the future.