Housing & Residence Life Room Reservation Guidelines
Housing and Residence Life staff and the building Activity Councils and Living Learning Communities have priority to reserve spaces within HRL buildings.
The Honors College will have the next priority for reservations as they are a stakeholder within Shocker Hall. Honors classes are welcome in the Shocker Hall Multiuse Room between the hours of 8am – 5pm. Spaces are not intended for ongoing meetings or rehearsals. Individual requests are required for each program/event/meeting.
Wichita State University on-campus departments are offered space to use within Housing to host programs, events or meetings during the business hours of 8am-5pm. Spaces are not intended for ongoing meetings or rehearsals. Individual requests are required for each program/event/meeting. If an outside department would like to reserve the space for an event/program/meeting after 5pm it will be considered on a case by case basis.
How to Request Space:
Space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and should be requested at least 48 hours in advance. Space can be reserved up to three months in advance.
1. Email email@example.com with the event, date, time, description and preferred space.
2. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
3. Approvals for each semester(term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes.
As a norm, our spaces will not be available to outside departments during the month of August as we will be utilizing the space for trainings, opening/move-in, first meetings, programs, etc. for our residents and staff.
Shocker Hall Multiuse Room
This room can hold approximately 75 people comfortably. There are up to 18 tables that can be utilized for this space and 80 chairs. There is a piano that is located in this room as well. There is a capability to divide the room in half if necessary for smaller or multiple events. Other furniture is not to be pulled from lobbies, etc. for use in this space.
1. Spaces are intended for program, events or meetings; not to be used as a regular meeting or rehearsal space.
2. Approvals for each semester (term) will begin on the first day of classes. You may begin submitting requests for that term on the first day of classes. You can reserve space up to 3 months in advance.
3. If Catering is going to be utilized, your request must include their set-up and breakdown times.
4. The reserving department or individual is responsible for setting up the space to their desired/needed configuration.
5. The reserving department is responsible for returning the space to its original set-up after using the space. This includes removing excessive trash to the dumpsters and vacuuming the carpet if appropriate.
6. Damages will be billed to the individual or group using the space. Future reservation privileges may be revoked due to failure to follow policies or in cases of significant negligence resulting in damages.
7. You MUST check in prior to and after your event with the respective Information Desk (Shocker Hall or Fairmount Towers). The staff will do a pre and post walk through with you to avoid unexpected damages, sign out any approved equipment, and provide you access to the space.
8. We reserve the right to cancel a room request as long as you are given 24-48 hours notice of the change.
9. Cancelling your Events: If after being approved, your event needs to be cancelled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible or at least 24 hours in advance to cancel your room reservation. Failure to cancel may jeopardize your ability to use Housing meeting spaces in the future.