To comply with Board of Regents policy (Policy Manual, Chapter II, Section E, Items 16 and 17).
II. Policy Statement1. The service or sale of cereal malt beverages (3.2% beer) and/or alcoholic liquor (which includes beer) is permitted at approved events held in or on the grounds of property regularly occupied by the University, University affiliate, group, organization or registered student organization including, but not limited to parking lots and all indoor and outdoor athletic facilities.
2. Requests to serve cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor at a location listed above must be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event and approved by the University's General Counsel, as the President's designee. The request for written approval will confirm adherence to the written procedures developed by the University Division or affiliated corporation of the University associated with the location and event. If approval is being sought for more than a single event, the reasons should be explained in the submission for written approval of the events.
3. When approved, consumption of cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor is permitted only within the approved area designated for the event. It is the responsibility of event organizers to ensure that cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor will not be served or sold to people who are not of legal age or appear to be intoxicated.
4. The marketing, serving, sale and/or consumption of cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor must be in full compliance with all applicable state statutes, municipal ordinances, University policies and other regulations.
5. The sale, distribution, service and/or consumption of cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor on the University campus in any circumstances other than the above is prohibited; unless approved by the University's General Counsel as the President's designee or pursuant to paragraph 7 below.
6. This policy also applies to any event held in or on the grounds of a building regularly occupied by the University, a University affiliate, group, organization or registered student organization but owned or leased by a third party who is not affiliated with the University.
7. Tenants in buildings owned or leased by a third party who are not affiliated with the University aren’t required to submit a request to serve alcohol or cereal malt beverage.
8. Cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor must be served by a food service provider approved by the Food Service Committee or a professional catering service. The provider/service will be required to provide proof of liability insurance that designates the host of the event, the University, and its affiliated corporations as a named insured. The written proof of liability insurance should be included with the request for written approval.
9. Wichita State University prohibits the use, possession, manufacturing, distribution, or sale of cereal malt beverages and/or alcoholic liquor by, or to, any individual under the age of 21.10. Violations of state law and/or University policies on the part of groups or individuals will be handled in accordance with applicable law enforcement or university disciplinary procedures and services regarding alcohol education and abuse prevention programs.
March 29, 2001
May 1, 2002
October 6, 2003
September 15, 2011
November 1, 2012
June 5, 2017
July 16, 2018