Welcome Military Students!
If you are active duty military, guard, or a reservist on orders and would like more information about becoming a Shocker the steps below can get you started.
- Use this Checklist for Military McConnell students to see how to begin.
- Visit our Military Education Specialist at McConnell located in the Education Center (Bldg. 412, east wing of the Dole Center)
- Click this link to visit the McConnell AFB Education Center.
- The residency form necessary for in-state tuition can be downloaded here.
Have you applied for GI Bill Benefits?
- If yes, please contact Veterans Services.
- If no, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
All eligible military including: Service Members, Dependents, Veterans, Retirees, and Department of Defense civilian employees, who enroll in one of the seven Wichita State University on-base programs will be given the MOU Tuition Rate. This rate is the standard university undergraduate tuition rate with NO fees. Currently, the undergraduate tuition rate is $228.09 per credit hour. Please, note that fees are applied to all other degree programs. All information is listed on the Wichita State University website under Tuition and Fees, the M.E.S. is happy to provide more information as requested.
Tuition Assistance Information
Tuition assistance is offered to qualified members of the armed forces. Each branch of the armed forces manages tuition assistance independently through separate programs offered through online websites and through military education centers.
Active Service members who plan to use Tuition Assistance are required to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or Education Counselor according to their Military Service Branch prior to enrolling. McConnell AFB Education Center link.
- The Army uses www.GoArmyEd.com for Active, Army National Guard, and Reserve soldiers.
- The Air Force uses the Virtual Education Center. As a reminder, if you are active duty or on orders please visit your Education Office to see a counselor.
- The Navy uses the Navy College Program, which also supports the U.S. Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
- Kansas Army and Air National Guard are also eligible for State Tuition Assistance through the Kansas Adjutant General's Office.
- Additional resources for military and veterans are available through the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Tuition Assistance contacts and information.
- To visit the WSU Office of Financial Aid, click here.