At Wichita State University, we understand that transferring to a new school can be a daunting task and want to help ease the process for our military-affiliated students. It is vital that you transfer all of the credits you have earned through military training, AP / CLEP / DANTES testing, and attending other colleges.

Transferring credit

To receive proper credit for military training, a record of your military credit and training will need to be requested and sent to WSU. Your records will be evaluated in the Transcript Office, posted to your transcript at WSU, and evaluated by the college of your degree program to determine credit given toward your degree.

Incoming Transcripts

  • Wichita State University requires official transcripts from all accredited colleges/universities you have attended be sent to the University. 
  • Please follow the above link for details on accepted transcripts and where they will be sent.

Joint Services Transcript (JST)

  • Follow the link to request a copy of your JST and have it sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, as noted under Incoming Transcripts.
  • This applies to all Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy - Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.

Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)

    • Follow the link to request a copy of your CCAF transcript and have it sent directly to the Office of the Registrar, as noted under Incoming Transcripts.
    • This applies to all Air University students in the Air Force, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve.

Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)

Transfer credit evaluation and testing

Transfer students have access to transfer-student scholarships, a support network to help you succeed in the classroom and beyond, Kansas' most-diverse college campus, applied learning for every major and learning options for busy schedules.

Visit the Transfer Gateway

Individual college evaluations

Military credit articulation

The Kansas Collaborative on Military Credit has been working to evaluate and award credit for military training.  Wichita State University faculty, military services, and administrators are working diligently to examine university course outcomes and competencies in various military occupational codes (MOC) from four branches of service. For more information, please see the Kansas Board of Regents Website.

The Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) realizes that military-affiliated students play a vital role in Kansas and Wichita State University continues to work with KBOR, other state universities, and community colleges/technical schools to provide articulations. 

To view the current articulations please visit the KBOR Military Articulation Portal.

  • The KBOR Military Articulation Initiative is ongoing and will continue to add all branches of service and include more MOC’s in the future.
  • Kansas was also represented by KBOR in the Multi-State Collaborative on Military Credit (MCMC), which Wichita State University joined with the other state colleges to work on military articulations.

Current MOS articulations

Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSC)

  • Logistics Plans - 2G0X0 & 2G0X1
  • Materiel Management – 2S0X0 & 2S0X1
  • Personnel – 3F0X1
  • Services – 3F100
  • Contracting – 6C0X0 & 6C0X1 *coming soon

Army Military Occupational Specialties (MOS)

  • Human Resources Specialist – 42A
  • Contracting Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) – 51C
  • Cargo Specialist – 88H
  • Automated Logistical Specialist – 92A
  • Culinary Specialist – 92G
  • Unit Supply Specialist – 92Y
  • Military Police – 31B
  • Medical Laboratory Specialist – 68K

Marine Corps Military Occupational Specialties (MOS)

  • Administrative Specialist – 111
  • Maintenance Management Specialist – 411
  • Logistics/Embarkation Specialist – 431
  • Logistics/ Mobility Chief – 491
  • Supply Chain and Materiel Management Specialist – 3043
  • Inventory Management Specialist – 3051
  • Preservation, Packaging, Packing, and Marking Specialist – 3052
  • Food Service Specialist – 3381
  • Aviation Supply Specialist - 6672

Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC)

  • Culinary Specialist - CS
  • Culinary Specialist Submarine – CSS
  • Logistics Specialist – LS
  • Logistics Specialist Submarine – LSS
  • Personnel Specialist – PS

Community College and Technical School Partners

  • Butler Community College
  • Cowley College
  • Pratt Community College
  • Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology

Contact information

Military and Veteran Services



  • Military and Veteran Service Center – 316-978-3547
  • WSU at McConnell – 316-260-3280