Has Your Service Member Transferred Benefits?

Dependent Checklist

If you are a Spouse/Dependent to a U.S. Military member and are interested in applying to be a student at Wichita State University, please click here for the Dependent Checklist that will help you begin the process. 

As a military spouse you have many options when it comes to education and help with funding your chosen path, which may include certifications and licensures. The best place for spouses to begin finding information and guidance is at the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Program. Next, spouses should check to see if there is an installation Education Center. Education Centers will often have local programs, scholarships, and opportunities. Online you access further information from the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support website, DANTES.

Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) SECO provides career counseling six days a week and access to online education resources, tools, etc., 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Spouses will need to establish an account with MySECO.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) is a Tuition Assistance program to help military spouses who would like to earn a certification or license or Associate's degree in a portable career field/occupation. Please visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal below for details. 

Survivor's and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA) CH35 is available to certain dependents/spouses who are eligible based on the military member's status. Go to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs here for more information. 

 Post 9/11 GI BIll may be transferred to a dependent/spouse in part or whole (CH33 TOE). Benefits may be given to one family member or split between multiple family members. 

Air Force




Coast Guard

MyCAA Spouse Portal

MyCAA (Military One Source) - Spouses use the MyCAA portal to access the MyCAA benefit. The portal must be used to submit necessary documents and to request MyCAA financial assistance from the Department of Defense. Currently, school participation information is also available on the school resources page of the MyCAA Spouse Portal. To access this page directly, click here. 


Resource Links


 Would You Like...