First Time Applicants and Students

Following are the steps you will need to take in order to apply for VA Educational Benefits:

  • All students MUST fill out an Application for VA Education Benefits based on one of the following criteria:

  • Become fully admitted to a degree-bound program at Wichita State University. For questions about applying for admission to an undergraduate program, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (316) 978-3085. For graduate programs, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (316) 978-3095.

  • If you are currently considered a Non-Kansas Resident at WSU, but are current Military, Military Spouse/Dependent, or are a Veteran or Spouse/Dependent of a Veteran who separated from active duty within the past three (3) years, please see the WSU Registrar’s Office in Jardine Hall Room 102 about the Application for Kansas Resident Classification for Current Military Personnel/Spouse/Dependents and Eligible Veterans/Spouse/Dependents.

  • Once you have received notice from the Department of Veterans Affairs that you have been approved to use VA Education Benefits, submit the following items to the WSU VA Education Benefits Office:

    • Intent to Enroll Form - all students must submit this form (see Forms page to print form for correct academic term)

    • All Chapters: Certificate of Eligibility provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs

    • If you are transferring your benefits from another school to WSU, please complete a Change of Place of Training VA Form (all Chapters except 35, use 22-1995. Chapter 35 students only, use 22-5495). Please submit a copy of this form to the WSU VA Education Benefits Office.

    • Meet with your Academic Advisor to complete the Enrollment Certification Request Form (one for Undergraduates and one for Graduates - please see Forms page to print form for correct academic term). Submit the completed form to the WSU VA Education Benefits Office for certification of your enrollment for the use of your VA education benefits. This must be done each semester you are wanting to use your educational benefits; if you make any changes to your enrollment after your enrollment has been certified, you must submit a new Enrollment Certification Request form for recertification.

If you have any questions regarding the benefit application process, or what is needed in order for your enrollment to be certified, please contact the WSU VA Education Benefits Office in Grace Wilkie 105, by phone at (316) 978-3547, or by email to