Advance Pay

Advance payment provides funds at the beginning of a school term to help students meet expenses required at the beginning of the term. Advance payment is the amount payable for the initial month or portion of a month the semester begins plus the amount payable for the following month. Students using Post-9/11 Chapter 33 educational benefits do not qualify for advance pay.

To request Advance Pay:

  • You must be enrolled at least half-time, and
  • You must submit a completed Enrollment Certification Request Form (please print form - one for Undergraduates, one for Graduates - from the Forms Page for the appropriate academic term) to the WSU VA Education Benefits Office and be fully enrolled by July 1 for the fall term or before December 1 for the spring term, and
  • There must be more than 30 days between terms, with no payment for the break, and
  • VA receives the advance payment request at least 30 days but not more than 120 days before the enrollment period.
  • Advance Pay requests will not be processed for the summer term.
  • Your advance pay check will be sent directly to WSU. We will contact you when your check is received. Please be sure that we have your most up-to-date contact information.

After you receive your advance pay, you will not receive your next benefit payment until October 1st for the fall term and March 1st for the spring term.