The MBA program requirements range from 36 to 51 hours, depending on the candidate's undergraduate background. Under most circumstances, a student with an undergraduate degree in business will be required to complete 36 hours of MBA coursework. Students without an undergraduate degree in business can expect to complete up to 51 hours to receive their MBA degree.
Note: The prerequisite courses should be taken at the undergraduate level if equivalent courses in statistics or calculus have not been completed already.
- MATH 144 - Business Calculus*
- ECON 231 - Statistics*
* Subject to waiver
Note: The preparatory courses are intended to provide a foundation of business knowledge prior to beginning the MBA courses. Having taken undergraduate versions of these courses usually results in a waiver of these courses. For students who have not had undergraduate business classes, these 1.5 credit hour versions will help prepare you for graduate study in business.
- MBA 802 - Fundamentals of Accounting* (Undergraduate equivalencies: Accounting 210 / Financial Accounting and Accounting 220 / Managerial Accounting) 1.5 credit hours
- MBA 803 - Fundamentals of Finance* (Undergraduate equivalent: Finance 340 / Financial Management I) 1.5 credit hours
- MBA 804 - Marketing Basics* (Undergraduate equivalent: Marketing 300 / Intro to Marketing) 1.5 credit hours
- MBA 805 - Management Basics* (Undergraduate equivalent: Management 360 / Principles of Management) 1.5 credit hours
- ECON 811- Analysis of Macro-Economic Theory*(Undergraduate equivalencies: Economics 201 / Principles of Macroeconomics) 1.5 credit hours
- ECON 812- Analysis of Micro-Economics Theory* (Undergraduate equivalencies: Economics 202 / Principles of Microeconomics) 1.5 credit hours
*Subject to waiver if appropriate equivalencies have been met
An individual program outline will be developed for each student admitted into the MBA program. Students can apply to either the online or hybrid in-person MBA program. Information on the curriculum for each is outlined below.
|Hybrid MBA||Online MBA|
|Degree Checklists||» Sample Hybrid MBA degree requirements (PDF)||» Sample Online MBA degree requirements (PDF)|
Required Hybrid MBA Courses:
Required Online MBA Courses:
|General MBA courses required if no concentration is selected||
General Hybrid MBA track (no concentration) includes:
|General Online MBA Track (no concentration) includes:
Hybrid MBA students may choose between concentrations in:
Online MBA students may choose between concentrations in:
|Sample Schedules||Hybrid Sample Schedules||Online Sample Schedules|