Connect to Your Future in Health Administration
Health Administrators are in high demand.
The field of healthcare administration is projected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
to grow 20% through 2026 - faster than average compared to other careers.
Expand your career in this fast growing field with a master's degree in Health Administration
from Wichita State University.
Become a highly trained healthcare administrator
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics projects that health administration will grow by
an estimated 20% by 2026. The online Master in Health Administration (MHA) program
will prepare students to plan, direct, manage, and coordinate medical and health services
in this growing field.
Graduates of the MHA program will be equipped with the required knowledge, skills,
and qualities that health care organization employers deem important to serve in a
leadership capacity. The program will prepare students in areas of management, health
care finance, human resource administration, strategic planning, law and ethics, health
economics, and health information systems.
About the Program
This master's program will prepare you to become a leader/executive in healthcare
organizations. The 42-credit hour curriculum provides competency-based training for
health care professionals in:
- Healthcare systems and management
- Communication and interpersonal relationship management
- Critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving
- Management and leadership
- Professionalism and ethics
The capstone requirement will culminate your learning experience with a clinical placement
in a health system, hospital, agency or organization where you take part in a clinical
practicum which can be completed from wherever you are.
How much will it cost?
Graduate - $412.98 per credit hour*
*Based on AY 20-21. Additional college fees may apply, tuition rates subject to change.
What careers could I advance to?
The 100% online Master of Health Administration degree from Wichita State will prepare
- Direct a health system
- Manage a hospital or health service organization
- Oversee a medical practice group
- Coordinate an ambulatory clinic
- Supervise a local, state, or federal government agency
Application and Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission to the Master of Health Administration program should possess
an undergraduate degree in health management, business, clinical profession or related
Minimum overall GPA of 2.75. Students with lower GPA may apply and will be considered for probationary admission
pending a strong personal goal essay and letters of recommendation.
Candidates must pay the application fee and submit items listed below on the Graduate School Application Portal:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in health management, business, clinical profession
or related field.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.750 (on a 4.000 scale) or a 2.750 in the last 60 credit
hours of undergraduate coursework. Students with lower GPAs may apply and will be
considered for probationary admission pending a strong personal goal essay and letters
- Submit a personal goals essay of 500 words or less which clearly articulates the applicant's
reason for seeking admission to the MHA program. The personal goals essay should specifically
address the following:
- Part I: How will seeking a Masters in Health Administration help you advance your
personal and professional goals?
- Part II: Describe your performance as an undergraduate student. Explain how your experience
in undergraduate studies has prepared you to be a motivated, committed graduate student,
ready to work in collaboration with your peers throughout the graduate program.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two professional letters of recommendation from persons acquainted with the
applicant's background and potential success in graduate studies.
- All applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received their
undergraduate education in an English-speaking country must submit scores from the
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test of English as a
Foreign Language (TOEFL). An IELTS score of 7.0, or a TOEFL of 88 (internet)/230 (computer)/570
(paper) is required.
- The GRE is not required for admission.