The College of Health Professions (CHP) Advising Center is committed to staying connected with our students. Keeping health and safety in mind for our students and staff, all advising services are available via remote options.

Ahlberg Hall

College of Health Professions (CHP) Advising Center

Welcome to the CHP Advising Center! CHP advisors are dedicated to helping students reach their academic and professional career goals. If you have questions about CHP majors, applying to our undergraduate professional programs, university policies, your academic plan, transfer courses, or resources on campus, contact us for assistance.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 

Appointments are available via Zoom, phone, or in-person. Contact us if you need assistance outside of our normal business hours.

Phone: 316-978-3304, option 2


We offer the following types of appointments:

Prospective Student Appointments

If you plan to transfer to Wichita State in the future and have questions about CHP undergraduate programs and/or want to review how your transfer courses apply to program prerequisites. 

Current Student Appointments

If you are a current student continuing at Wichita State, you can schedule an appointment via

Triage Advising

During office hours, an advisor is available to provide immediate assistance for general questions. A follow-up appointment may need to be scheduled. To connect with an advisor, call 316-978-3304 option #2 or email us at

First-Year Undergraduate Students (students starting college at Wichita State directly out of high school): contact your first-year advisor for assistance. If you have specific questions about CHP majors, your long-term education plan, or applying to your professional program, CHP advisors are happy to help. Connect with us by email ( or schedule an appointment via this link:

Students who are registered nurses and registered dental hygienists have a dedicated advisor for online degree completion programs. Schedule an appointment by calling 316-978-7332.

Transferring to Wichita State

If you plan to transfer to Wichita State University, you should start working with an academic advisor in the CHP Advising Center to get information on admission deadlines and curriculum.
For students currently enrolled at a Kansas community college we offer dual advising. Dual advising allows students planning to transfer to WSU to develop a plan of study, avoid unnecessary enrollment duplication and receive up-to-date information. To get started, complete the Dual Advising Form.