Do you plan to graduate this semester? Next semester?
Follow these steps to be sure you are right on track!
Where can I find my Degree Works Audit?
Your Degree Works audit is located in your myWSU portal > myClasses > View My Degree Evaluation/Audit.
What should I be looking for?
- Confirm remaining course and graduation requirements.
- Verify that your major is listed correctly and that any minors/concentrations are reflected. If you need to update your major or minor, do so via the Change My Major/Minor app. It is located in your myWSU portal > Home > Student Tools.
- Verify that all college work is represented on your audit. ALL official college transcripts must be sent to WSU before your degree will be posted, even if these courses are not needed to meet WSU degree requirements.
What if something is incorrect on my audit?
Email CHP.Advisor@wichita.edu with your name, WSU ID, and concern.
Once you have reviewed your Degree Works audit, you should submit your Application for Degree. This notifies the college of your intent to graduate and begins the process of auditing your academic record to confirm that you will meet all degree requirements. The AFD also lets you list your name as you wish it to appear on your diploma.
NOTE: All undergraduate seniors must complete an Application for Degree (AFD) in order to graduate.
Where can I find the Application for Degree?
The AFD is located in your myWSU portal > myClasses > Graduation Links.
When should I complete the AFD?
You are expected to submit the AFD two semesters before your expected date of graduation.
- Spring/Summer Graduates: September 1
- Fall Graduates: February 1
What if I add a minor after my AFD is submitted?
You can make a request to add a minor to your record by emailing CHP.Advisor@wichita.edu. Include your name, WSU ID, and request.
What if I need to make other changes to my AFD?
Please email CHP.Advisor@wichita.edu with questions.
If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony and would like your name included in the program, you must complete your AFD by the following deadlines:
- Spring/Summer Graduates: March 1
- Fall Graduates: October 1
For more information on the commencement ceremony, see www.wichita.edu/commencement.
IMPORTANT: Participation in the commencement ceremony is not a guarantee that you have graduated. You must complete all graduation requirements to be awarded your degree.
Graduation honors are based on BOTH the WSU cumulative grade point average and the overall cumulative grade point average:
- Summa Cum Laude ≥ 3.9
- Magna Cum Laude ≥ 3.55
- Cum Laude ≥ 3.25
In the commencement program, student honors are listed based off the prior semester’s GPAs.
Information on diplomas is available on the registrar's office website.