Student Groups and Organizations
The College of Health Professions has several groups and organizations that allow students opportunities to get involved. Students can choose to connect across all health professions disciplines or get involved in a group tied to a specific program.
Alpha Eta Society
Alpha Eta Society is a national scholastic honor society for the Allied Health Professions. For more information visit the Alpha Eta Society web page.
Future Health Care Professionals
An all-inclusive student organization that assists the CHP in supporting and encouraging the pre-professional and professional students of the college. These members also assist in:
- Developing community awareness of the college and its programs.
- Exploring and implementing strategies to improve the qualities of academic endeavors, relationships, and preparation for career pursuits.
- Promoting cooperation and guidance within the different disciplines of the College of Health Professions.
- Providing social and community service projects for its members.
HEALTH (Health Education Advocates for Leadership, Teamwork, and Humanity)
The purpose of HEALTH (Health Education Advocates for Leadership, Teamwork, and Humanity) is to serve as a community-based association for students working together to improve health education and promote delivery of well diversified and high quality care.
WSU American Sign Language (ASL) Club
The Wichita State University American Sign Language (ASL) Club is a student organization open to all WSU students - others are welcome to attend as well. The purpose is to encourage professional interest among all students in the study and practice of American Sign Language.
Mondays and Fridays from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Fast Break lounge in Rhatigan Student Center (RSC), area just north of RSC Bookstore
All are welcome - even non-students!
We meet during the regular semester schedule times.
Membership dues: $5 per academic year
Contact: Kathy Stewart, faculty advisor
Aging Studies Student Organization (AGES)
Amy Chesser, Faculty Advisor
Dental Hygiene Student Organization
Barbara Gonzalez, Faculty Advisor
Kansas Association of Nursing Students (KANS) - WSU Chapter
A professional organization that allows nurses' voices to be heard and gives students the opportunity to network with other nurses and future employers.
KANS mission is to mentor students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses, and convey the standards, ethics, and skills that students will need as responsible and accountable leaders and members of the profession.
- Membership is open to pre-nursing and nursing students.
- Our local chapter KANS is part of the larger national organization.
- Meetings are once or twice a month to organize fundraisers and volunteer work with organizations such as the American Red Cross.
- Members are involved in conventions on local, state and national levels.
For more information about the organization please contact the faculty advisor or attend one of our general meetings.
Medical Laboratory Sciences Student Organization
Sarah Nickel, Faculty Advisor
Nurses' Christian Fellowship
Carol Bett, Faculty Advisor
Pre-Physical Therapy Student Organization
Pre-Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
Stephen Arnold, Faculty Advisor
WSUSSLHA - Wichita State University Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Terese Conrad, Faculty Advisor
Karissa Marble-Flint, Faculty Advisor
For more information visit the WSUSSLHA web page.