Student Groups and Organizations
The College of Health Professions has several groups that provide opportunities for students to connect across all health professions disciplines or get involved in a group associated with a specific academic program. The groups provide networking opportunities that help prepare students for a career in health care. Students are also able to participate in numerous community service activities throughout the year.
Alpha Eta Honor Society
Alpha Eta Honor Society is a national scholastic honor society for the Allied Health Professions. For more information visit the Alpha Eta Society website.
Future Health Care Professionals
An all-inclusive student organization that assists the CHP in supporting and encouraging pre-professional and professional students in the college. These members also assist in:
- Developing community awareness of the college and its programs.
- Exploring and implementing strategies to improve the qualities of academic endeavors, relationships, and preparation for career pursuits.
- Promoting cooperation and guidance within the different disciplines of the College of Health Professions.
- Providing social and community service projects for its members.
HEALTH (Health Education Advocates for Leadership, Teamwork, and Humanity)
The purpose of HEALTH is to serve as a community-based association for students working together to improve health education and promote delivery of well diversified and high quality care.
Contact: Amy Ham at email@example.com
Aging Studies Student Organization (AGES)
Amy Chesser, Faculty Advisor
Dental Hygiene Student Organization
Shanin Peck, Faculty Advisor
Kansas Association of Nursing Students (KANS) - WSU Chapter
A professional organization that allows nurses' voices to be heard and gives students the opportunity to network with other nurses and future employers.
KANS mission is to mentor students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses, and convey the standards, ethics, and skills that students will need as responsible and accountable leaders and members of the profession.
- Membership is open to pre-nursing and nursing students.
- Our local chapter KANS is part of the larger national organization.
- Meetings are once or twice a month to organize fundraisers and volunteer work with organizations such as the American Red Cross.
- Members are involved in conventions on local, state and national levels.
For more information contact the faculty advisor or attend one of our general meetings.
Stephanie Nicks, Co-Advisor
Medical Laboratory Sciences Student Organization
Laurie Alloway, Faculty Advisor
Nurses' Christian Fellowship
Carol Bett, Faculty Advisor
Physician Assistant Student Organization
Michelle Wallace, Faculty Advisor
Pre-Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
Dalton Good firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittni Mayagoitia Bcmayagoitia@shockers.Wichita.edu
Katie Dunlop Kldunlop@shockers.Wichita.edu
Jacquelyn Martinez email@example.com
Steve Arnold firstname.lastname@example.org