Some departments and colleges within Wichita State University offer the opportunity to receive departmental honors recognition for excellence in the major. You may apply to these tracks as a Cohen Honors student, although in some departments you aren't required to be a member of the Cohen Honors College to receive honors distinction in the major. Each department/major determines admissions for their Departmental Honors track and completion requirements within the guidelines determined by the Cohen Honors College faculty council.

Honors College students may use department honors courses to fulfill the requirements University Honors minor or Honors Baccalaureate.

Departmental Honors tracks consist of:

  • 12 credit hours of upper division academic coursework or equivalent effort
  • A senior thesis, project, recital, capstone, or equivalent experience

Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 in departmental honors work to receive the departmental honors designation on their diploma and transcript.

The following departments currently offer honors tracks. Requirements are listed toward the bottom of the "requirements" for the major in the catalog: