No. Admission is not guaranteed.
No, you cannot email them. However, you can submit them electronically (See Step 4 on How to Apply). Test scores must be sent directly to us from the examination company
Refunds of Advanced Tuition
Not required to pay all tuition in one large payment. May pay tuition in smaller installments.
- US$30 administrative fee. No interest is charged.
- Cannot apply until after arriving in Wichita
- Fall Semester: First payment due in August after selecting classes then September 15, October 15, and November 15.
- Spring Semester: First payment due in January after selecting classes then February 15, March 15, and April 15.
- Summer Session: First payment due in June after selecting classes then July 15
How much is each payment? Cannot be calculated until student arrives and selects classes.
Housing expenses are not included in Tuition Payment Plan.
View Details about SEVIS Fee
- For the fastest service, we recommend that you apply online and electronically submit all required application materials.
- Request a agency login
- Undergraduate: Not required
- Graduate: Required for a few majors. View Graduate Admission Requirements
- All incoming mail and express shipments go to the University's Post Office. If you track your shipment and see that the package arrived and was signed for, you will see the name of the employee in the University's Post Office that signed for the shipment.
- We receive the shipment in our office the next business day.
- We enter the contents of the shipment into our computer system. Depending on our volume of applications, this can a day or two.
- After the above is complete, you will be sent an automated email message to notify you that the application materials have arrived and have been entered into our computer system.
- The application materials that you sent will then be given to an Admissions Officer for review. Processing time depends on the Service Level you paid for.
- The Graduate School will send you an email after they have had the opportunity to review the student's application, which can sometimes be a few weeks during peak application times.
- The Graduate School does not send out automated email notifications whenever application materials arrive.
- Available for all majors (both undergraduate and graduate)
- Student must meet our academic requirements for admission
- Due to a change in federal law, conditional I-20s are issued for Intensive English and not the student's academic major.
1) The student submits the required TOEFL or IELTS score
If the GMAT or GRE is required for admission, official scores must be submitted before an admission is made.
- TOEFL iBT: 72
- IELTS: 6.0
- Pass the highest level of our ESL program
- Additional Ways to Demonstrate English Proficiency
- TOEFL iBT: 79 for most majors Majors with a Higher English Requirement
- IELTS: 6.5 for most majors Majors with a Higher English Requirement
- Graduate applicants will not satisfy the English requirement by passing the highest level of our English program.
- Test scores must be sent to Wichita State directly from the testing company.
If the student has met the undergraduate English requirement, he does not need to apply to Intensive English. However, if the student has not met the English requirement, he is not required to apply to Intensive English unless the student wants to. If the student has not met our English requirement by the time he arrives in Wichita, we will test his English before he begins classes. If he passes our English test, he will begin full-time study in his academic major. If he fails, he will be required to study in Intensive English.
If the student has met the graduate English requirement, he does not need to apply to Intensive English. However, if the student has not met the English Requirement at the time they apply for graduate admission, the student should apply for Intensive English as well. The Graduate School will not issue and I-20 until:
1) The student submits the required TOEFL or IELTS score
2) The student applies to Intensive English. How to Apply to Intensive English
- Length of study in our ESL program varies from student-to-student
- Depends on the student's English ability when he begins, how quickly he learns English, and how hard he studies
- English tested after arrival
Admission Requirement for Accountancy
Admission Requirement for Economics
Admission Requirements by Major
International Admission Requirements
On-Campus housing is not available for married students or students with children. Married students or students with children will need to find suitable housing off-campus. All other students, however, are encouraged to live in one of our residence halls. Housing Information for International Students
- Are 21 years old or older.
- Have 30 or more transfer credit hours.
- Are married.
Freshman Exemption Form
The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires people who want F-1 or J-1 visas to pay a one-time SEVIS Fee before applying for a visa. The SEVIS Fee for F-1 visas is $200. The SEVIS fee for J-1 visas is $180. This is in addition to the normal visa processing fee of US$160. The SEVIS fee helps to pay for SEVIS (Student and Exchange Information System) that U.S. schools use to issue I-20 forms.
Student wants to defer the admission to a different intake, he/she needs to request Readmission.
Wichita State University appreciates the hard work that agents and counselors do to provide information to interested students. If you would like to become one of our official agents, please do the following:
We will follow the payment schedule and amount listed in our Guidelines for Agents (see Items #16 - #19).
- Your agency name
- Mailing address for express mail shipments
- Telephone number (needed for express mail shipments)
- The number of undergraduate brochures and applications you need
- The number of graduate brochures and applications you need