Women of Wichita State University (WWSU) was formed in the Fall of 2018 by the combination of two groups; the Wichita State University Women's Association (WSU Dames), founded in 1928, and the Council of University Women (CUW)found in 1930. The purpose of the group is to serve the interests of the University, to provide student scholarships, and to promote social interaction and a sense of community among its members.
The Women of Wichita State University (WWSU) administers the following scholarships:
- WSU Dames
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to a student(s) enrolled full or part time at Wichita State University. Recipients must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran, or disability.
- Preference will be given to non-traditional students (graduate or undergraduate) with a minimum GPA of 3.0. (Applicants must provide a transcript to verify GPA.)
- Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need.
- The Wichita State University Office of Financial Aid will administer the scholarship(s) based on recommendations approved by the Women of Wichita State University.
- The scholarship(s) may be renewed if the committee deems it desirable.
Applications for the 2022-2023 Academic Year must be received by May 31, 2022.
Candidates must apply for consideration to this scholarship. To submit a complete
application, send the following to email@example.com:
*more information about these requirements are in the application
- completed scholarship application (linked below)
- personal statement
- current unofficial WSU transcript
Candidates will receive written notification of their award status in late June.
Recipients are encouraged to attend at least one WWSU event during the 2022-2023 school year as our guest.
If you have questions please contact WWSU Scholarship Chair, Anne Marie Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.